Author Topic: Setup Installer hang up  (Read 2266 times)

wrxsnowman

Setup Installer hang up
« on: June 16, 2022, 09:48:56 pm »
Yesterday I completely uninstalled my whole P3D v5.3 and reinstalled it[/img]. I was able to install GSX just fine, but when I try to install KIAH or any other airport the installer hangs up and won't continue.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 09:50:50 pm by wrxsnowman »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Setup Installer hang up
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 01:04:10 am »
Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions.

wrxsnowman

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 08:59:09 am »
I've added the addon manager folder to my exceptions. I also disabled my Bitdefender antivirus with no luck. I can uninstall GSX and reinstall no problem, but as soon as I try to install any other airport I get this issue.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 05:03:06 pm »
I've added the addon manager folder to my exceptions. I also disabled my Bitdefender antivirus with no luck. I can uninstall GSX and reinstall no problem, but as soon as I try to install any other airport I get this issue.

I'm sorry but, nobody ever reported this before, and something like this ( the installer is just copying files ) can only possibly be caused by the antivirus. Maybe even if the Addon Manager folder is excluded, is not enough, because the antivirus is blocking files while they are decompressed, in the Windows Temporary folder.

If you are sure you have enough space in the Windows Temp folder, then it can only be the antivirus.

wrxsnowman

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 05:56:06 pm »
I assumed the whole time the installer is just copying files. I have installed/reinstalled using the same antivirus as before. I use Bitdefender and I have disabled it and cleaned out the windows temp folder to no avail. However, I have manually deleted the files it hangs up on during the install and was successful with a couple of installations. The files the installer was getting hung up on are, FSdt_install_guide.pdf, all the .lw.xml airport files in the Couatl folder, and the ShortcutEditor files in couatl>wx>lib>agw>data. If I delete those the installer will complete. It seems after the FSDT updater runs it adds the files again, though I'm not sure in which order. I have to go through this step in order for it to install correctly.