Author Topic: Question regarding Boarding OPs  (Read 980 times)

MusicBoy

Question regarding Boarding OPs
« on: June 12, 2022, 10:17:45 pm »
Hey ho mates,
I have a short question about some specific Boarding OPs. Today I saw an EZY A319 OPs VIdeo where they boarded the Aircraft during Re-fuelling AND Loading. Ist this possible with the FsLabs products? Or at least board bags during Re-fuelling already? Or is it set to ONYL follow a certain flow?

Cheers and thanks mates!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Question regarding Boarding OPs
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 10:55:11 pm »
Boarding passengers while refueling is not so common, it usually requires calling the airport Fire Brigade be prepared to do an emergency evacuation, so we decided to stick to the standard, and not allowing it.

Also, since refueling from the left would likely cause a conflict between the passenger stairs, and refueling from right will cause a conflict with the baggage loaders, it's best not do both at the same time, the GSX fuel truck will wait for any loaders to complete.

boarding passenger while loading baggage/cargo is how it is now, since for GSX they are part of the same operation (Boarding)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 11:42:15 pm »
I personally haven't had an issue with boarding and refueling taking place at the same time, although I don't think I've ever tried it with stairs. I've done it with jetways and the fuel truck under the left wing. Once the refueling starts, at some point, I call for boarding, and the boarding will start.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 11:55:23 pm »
I've done it with jetways and the fuel truck under the left wing. Once the refueling starts, at some point, I call for boarding, and the boarding will start.

Yes, with jetways you might not notice any problems but, with front stairs and a refueling point under the wing, the path taken by the fuel truck ( which on a parking with no jetways is a longer tanker, with a wider turn radius ), it's likely the fuel truck would clash with the stairs and the passengers using them.

So yes, if you do it manually, calling boarding after the fuel truck already arrived, since when it's done it will proceed straight towards the plane tail, with a jetway in front and no stairs behind, it won't clash with passengers.