Author Topic: Popup window problem in GSX  (Read 3946 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Popup window problem in GSX
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2022, 01:21:22 pm »
F12" keys, with parking brakes set and engines off, I just get GSX to place orange and white cones around the aircraft.

I can only repeat and confirm that, if you see the traffic cones created by GSX, it means GSX IS WORKING, it's the Simconnect menu of the sim itself that doesn't show up. Does the SODE menu works, for example ?

topejoan

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2022, 03:01:49 pm »
Now two questions: Where do I find the Simconnect inside the sim and how do I know if SODE works. Thanks in advance.

Jose Angel Torres Perez
  MOCHALES (Spain)

topejoan

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2022, 04:48:14 pm »
I just landed on UHBB, at the top of the simulator I clicked on ADD-ons, now on SODE 1.7.1 and I get a strip with the following text: "[SODE] JETWAY CONTROL SYSTEMis up and running (N=0) Module version 1.7.1". jpg is attached

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2022, 06:24:01 pm »
I just landed on UHBB, at the top of the simulator I clicked on ADD-ons, now on SODE 1.7.1 and I get a strip with the following text: "[SODE] JETWAY CONTROL SYSTEMis up and running (N=0) Module version 1.7.1". jpg is attached

That's not the Simconnect menu, it's the green message bar which I think you should see in GSX too. The SODE menu is opened with TAB-S

topejoan

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2022, 05:48:07 pm »
I have already managed to see that the SODE works as seen in the attached file, now we will try with the Simconnect.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2022, 10:03:44 am »
I have already managed to see that the SODE works as seen in the attached file, now we will try with the Simconnect.

I had no doubt SODE works, just like GSX, as proven multiple times by the presence of traffic cones when you call it, meaning it's working. As I've said, so many times, the thing that is not working for you it's the simulator own Simconnect menu, which is shared by all 3rd apps.

That's why, as a further confirmation, I asked to verify if the same menu is working in SODE which, like GSX, has no relationship if SODE is working or not, if the sim menu has a problem, NO APP WITH A MENU WILL WORK. Or, more precisely, no app with a menu will show the menu, even if IT IS working.

topejoan

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2022, 11:28:07 am »
Could you tell me where I can find the "Simconnect" of the P3Dv5.3 sim?. Thanks

Jose Angel Torres Perez

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2022, 07:03:04 pm »
Could you tell me where I can find the "Simconnect" of the P3Dv5.3 sim?. Thanks

Nowhere I said you are missing Simconnect. If you did, NOTHING will work. You are missing JUST the MENU. Have you done what I asked, trying to open the SODE menu with TAB-S, does it work ?

topejoan

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2022, 08:44:37 pm »
Dear Umberto, if I press TAB+S nothing happens, but if I press TAB+5, it comes out, just like the process of the photos I send you, the vehicles come out, the tow tractor, the helper comes out and says yes I'm ready, if I release the brakes, a message to immediately put the brakes back on, with which GSX works, but the menu still doesn't come out, with Ctrl+Shift+12 it still doesn't work. This seems very abnormal to me. Please any solution?.

Jose Angel Torres PĂ©rez
  Mochales (Spain)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2022, 01:09:34 am »
Dear Umberto, if I press TAB+S nothing happens

Clearly confirming the problem doesn't have ANYTHING to do with GSX, since even SODE cannot show the Simconnect menu because, as I've trying to tell you, what you are missing it's the Simconnet MENU ITSELF!

YOU ARE MISSING A PIECE OF THE SIM!!!

but if I press TAB+5, it comes out, just like the process of the photos I send you

Nowhere in your screenshot I see the SODE menu ever coming out.

, the vehicles come out, the tow tractor, the helper comes out and says yes I'm ready, if I release the brakes, a message to immediately put the brakes back on, with which GSX works, but the menu still doesn't come out, with Ctrl+Shift+12 it still doesn't work. This seems very abnormal to me. Please any solution?.

At least, you realized what I was trying to tell you so many times: GSX IS WORKING. Yes, of course this is not normal and, again, as I've said so many times, your simulator install is broken, because it's missing a piece, that is the Simconnect menu which is not working for some reason, most likely an incomplete or faulty or corrupted install of the sim.

Not seeing the SODE menu was the final proof the problem is the menu itself, hence the sim, not GSX.

Both GSX *and* SODE are just affected by the lack of it. I'm sure if you have another app with a menu ( a *SIMCONNECT* menu, similar to the GSX or SODE menu, not just "any" menu ), it won't work either, none of them will work, until you fix your P3D install.

Many users reported this is fixed by reverting to the previous Scaleform based menu, as explained here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=235715#p235715

If that works, your sim is only broken for the HTML5 version of the menu ( but it's still broken ), but the older Scaleform is still available, if HTML5 doesn't work.

topejoan

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2022, 05:18:30 pm »
Yes, I'm sorry, I have followed the indicated instructions but the drop-down still does not appear. I have other third party programs that use Simconnect, and they work fine, I have uninstalled them leaving only GSX and the problem continues, any solution.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2022, 01:54:39 pm »
I have other third party programs that use Simconnect, and they work fine

You still doesn't seem to understand, it seems you are confusing "Simconnect", with "Simconnect MENU". GSX DOES use Simconnect and, it's clearly working fine.

You said yourself you don't have the SODE menu either.  SODE, like GSX, in addition to using Simconnect, which is used by every possibly utility add-on out there, since is the official way to connect to the sim, ALSO use the Simconnect Menu.

It's the Simconnect MENU ( not Simconnect!!! ) which is broken in your sim and, it's affecting equally GSX and SODE and, as I've said so many times already, you need to fix that, and I offered several solutions already them, when applied, will fix BOTH GSX and SODE, which are BOTH 3rd party application with  Simconnect MENU which are NOT working, because your  Simconnect MENU is not working, not the apps themselves.

So, do you have OTHER 3rd party apps WITH a  Simconnect MENU that are working and DO SHOW THE MENU ?