Author Topic: Missing buildings  (Read 1979 times)

F737NG

Missing buildings
« on: June 09, 2022, 04:51:14 am »
Hi Umberto,

I had KORD installed and working properly, then I installed LSZH.
I've clearly done something wrong, because there are now no buildings at either airport, only jetways and ground markings.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, including again reinstalling to a different folder location. No success.
Both products licences have been activated using the online method.

Please see the screenshot of Universal installer, and the error message that appears whenever I click on an 'Activate' button.
I have the Steam version of MSFS installed to a custom location.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing buildings
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 10:41:52 am »
Your problem was you were missing the Zurich XML file which contains all data for the product to be known to the installer, which is not normal, since it's supposed to be installed automatically with either the original Zurich installer, or the new Universal Installer.

In addition to that, there's an auto-repair function that, if you remove or lose the file for any other reason ( antivirus/firewall blocking the download ), the file is downloaded again automatically before the updater starts.

However, I found a problem with this emergency repair function, and it worked only if you installed other FSDT products like GSX for example. If you only installed MSFS products and nothing else, the auto-repair didn't repaired the lost file. But now should be fixed, if you run the update or the installer again, it should get all missing files.

F737NG

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2022, 12:49:43 pm »
[...]
However, I found a problem with this emergency repair function, and it worked only if you installed other FSDT products like GSX for example. If you only installed MSFS products and nothing else, the auto-repair didn't repaired the lost file. But now should be fixed, if you run the update or the installer again, it should get all missing files.

Thank you. Buildings at both airports now appear.

However, I appear to have a new problem with some KORD textures not displaying correctly. Any ideas?
Please see attachment.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2022, 01:15:35 pm »
However, I appear to have a new problem with some KORD textures not displaying correctly. Any ideas?

This is a completely different problem that doesn't have anything to do with our installer. Sometimes, textures in some objects disappear until the next restart, not just at KORD, it seem to be happening everywhere.