Author Topic: FSDT Honolulu and BlueSky PHNL working together?  (Read 8790 times)

Nightowl

FSDT Honolulu and BlueSky PHNL working together?
« on: January 22, 2010, 05:15:53 pm »
Is FSDT's Honolulu compatible with BlueSky's photorealistic scenery?

I am asking because I have the photorealistic ground textures of BS visible in state of the FSDT ground textures. If I disable the BS files for PHNL, all is ok.
I do have FSDT on top of the BS in the library. Anything else I can do?

The FSDT Honolulu scenery is a great addition to my FS9, and I am happy to fly arround in this paradise Island again.  ;)

eparot

• Emmanuel Parot Flight Simulator Sceneries
Re: FSDT Honolulu and BlueSky PHNL working together?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 10:14:00 pm »
Which BS Hawaï scenery do you use ?
The normal resolution (4,7m/pixel) or one in high resolution (1,2m/pixel) ?
In the first case, place FSDT Honolulu at a higher priority (above) BS scenery. It should work.
In the second case, I'm not sure you can find a solution due to the technic used by Gottfried Razek.
Best regards,
Emmanuel

Config: FS9.1 / Athlon 64 4000+ / Asus A8N-SLI Premium / Asus EN9800GTX+ 512 Mo / Corsair TwinX 2 Go RAM / Seagate Barracuda 200 Go SATA

Nightowl

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 01:39:40 pm »
Both where active, and now I have disabled both.
I have FSDT's Honolulu on the first layer. BS PHNL files (both HR and LR) are way below. They may be on level 100 or below.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Thralni

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 11:10:54 am »
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I have exactly the same issue and I was wondering if in the mean time, somebody had found out how to make them work together. So just to recap: the issue is that the photoreal underground of FSDT PHNL is completely covered by the BlueSky photoreal terrain, even though FSDT is above BlueSky PHNL in the scenery library.

Silverbird

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 05:13:30 pm »
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I have exactly the same issue and I was wondering if in the mean time, somebody had found out how to make them work together. So just to recap: the issue is that the photoreal underground of FSDT PHNL is completely covered by the BlueSky photoreal terrain, even though FSDT is above BlueSky PHNL in the scenery library.

Hi Thralni I don't use bluesky scenery I know this is not the best way to solve it, but I have the megascenery package its on sale right now for fs9 and fsx. at pcaviator around $4.95 usd. so far it works fine with that one.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Thralni

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 10:28:35 am »
I hadn't even noticed the existence of that package, thanks for mentioning it! I have already bought almost all other megacity packages and I love them :-) I'm gonna try and see if I can "cut out" PHNL from the BSS scenery so that it is compatible with FSDT PHNL. I already emailed Gottfried Razek about it, maybe he can help.

annber

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 11:49:04 pm »
I assume you all are aware that if you dial 117 on nav 2 all Blue Sky textures within the airport disappear.
I have Gottfried's standard and high def scenery covering the whole island and it works very well for me.