Author Topic: KORD elevation issues **SOLVED**  (Read 1908 times)

jfwharton

KORD elevation issues **SOLVED**
« on: May 30, 2022, 10:10:05 pm »
I am seeing elevation issues with the FSDreamteam KORD airport in MSFS from NE Ramp 10 parking to the approach end of Rwy 27C.  I have eliminated any issues with addons in my community folder.  Is anyone else seeing this issue and is there a fix?  Thank you. I will add that this airport was purchased through the marketplace and says it is up to date.  I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the airport but no change in the issue.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 10:20:38 am by virtuali »

AndyM

Re: KORD elevation issues
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 12:23:11 am »
Have you uninstalled the default Asobo KORD? Other things to try are deleting your cache, the SceneryIndexes .dat files and the content.xml file.

jfwharton

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 02:10:13 am »
I am not able to uninstall the default asobo kord.  When I uninstall the FSDreamteam version and reboot the Asobo KORD does not show up as not installed or installed.  But the folder is in the Official folder.  I don't like deleting the files you suggested as I do not understand the implications of doing so.

jfwharton

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 02:42:18 am »
I am trying something.  I found the content.xml file and changed the line
<Package name="asobo-airport-kord-chicago-ohare" active="true"/>
to
<Package name="asobo-airport-kord-chicago-ohare" active="false"/>
I restarting MSFS to see the result.

jfwharton

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 03:14:51 am »
Well that change fixed the issue but I'm curious as to why it was there to begin with.  I would have thought after uninstalling KORD by FSDreamTeam it would have restored the original Asobo KORD but it didn't.  Anyway the issue is resolved and I have made a text document outlining what I did to resolve the issue for future reference.

jfwharton

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2022, 03:59:39 am »
Aparently the reason I cannot uninstall the Asobo KORD airport is it is part of either the Deluxe Upgrade or the Premium Upgrade that I purchased when I purchased the Premium Deluxe edition.

AndyM

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2022, 10:38:50 am »
You can uninstall the default hand crafted airports, in content manager you need to click on the 3 dots/lines to the right of Deluxe, that will open up all of the contents. Search for KORD and then uninstall it.

jfwharton

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2022, 04:26:24 pm »
Thank you for that information.  I will try that.
Update:  That worked.  Thank you very much.  I learned something new.  Thanks again.  Interesting that when you uninstall the airport the files are still showing in the official folder.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 04:38:38 pm by jfwharton »

AndyM

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2022, 06:47:58 pm »
No problem, it's advisable to uninstall any Asobo handcrafted airport if you intend to use a 3rd party version.