Author Topic: Missing jetway  (Read 3308 times)

Grzesiek59

Missing jetway
« on: May 28, 2022, 08:05:13 pm »
When using outside viewing and scrolling around airplane at gate, the jetway will briefly appear and then disappear.  Most of the time jetway is not visible.  No other jetway addons used.cyvr purchased directly from you. Trying reinstall product and updated , nothing help, msfs2020 deluxe version sim update 9 . Pc. spec. I 7 9700K RAM 32G Video Nvidia 3080 .

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing jetway
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 01:45:03 pm »
Jetways sometimes disappear depending on the viewing angle, and that's a result of the simulator very aggressively trying to save fps, because it assumes the object is out of view. However, this doesn't work very well if the object has an elongated shape, like a jetway.

There's not much we can do, it happens even in default airports using default jetways. The only strange issue in your report is you said "most of the time" the jetway is not visible, when in fact only happens on specific viewing angles, but most of the time the jetway is visible.

Grzesiek59

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 06:42:03 pm »
Unfortunately  in my case i don't  have jetway only in your product.  I saw the same answer from previous post. In that case I would like to ask for refund because the product you are selling is not completed and missing important  elements.  Please let me know how I can  get my refund.Thx

Grzesiek59

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 02:51:54 am »
Trying to add screen picture, nothing go thru even I resize picture to minimum :(

Grzesiek59

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 03:24:03 am »
Attaching screenshot for that missing jetway

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 11:05:27 am »
Video here made to show the problem doesn't happen:

My settings are:

- Graphic = ULTRA

- Only setting changed from default is the Objects LOD, from 200 (default for Ultra) to 100. The reason why I change this from 200 to 100, is test object pop-up with a standard setting, that is 100.

100 means, all objects in a scenery will pop-in/pop-out AS WE DESIGNED IT. If the setting is lower, for example 50, objects will have half their normal loading range, and if it's set to 200, objects will load from twice as far. That's why I test it with 100, to see the object loading rage as it was designed.

If we tested things at 200 ( default Ultra ), all users with lower settings would see the objects disappear sooner.

If we tested things at 50 ( default Medium ), all users with higher settings will have slower fps then they would otherwise have.

Since it's clearly not possible to make different version of the scenery for each setting, the one and only sensible choice is to test for 100 so, if your object LOD is lower than that, please set it to 100, and you should see jetways as in the video.

Note that, this could be possibly affected by other factors:

- The Field of View. If you set it wider, the objects will disappear sooner, if you set it to be narrower, objects will disappear later. My video was made using the default Showcase/Drone camera, with a field of view of 50. which is wider than a normal human eye fov.

- Other addons. The simulator IS supposed to start removing objects when it senses VRAM consumption is high. If setting the OBJECTS LOD (not Terrain!) to 100 or higher doesn't fix it for you, enable the Fps counter from Dev Mode, and check your VRAM usage.

Grzesiek59

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2022, 02:48:37 am »
Hi
 After following your suggestion I change my setting  in fms2020,my frame limit is setup in nvidia control panel to 35fps.
Attaching screenshot I don't see any deferent. this is only happen in your product. Pls. don't blame  something else for your bad pay product, Some how let say free  product like Gatwick EGKK has no problem at all and if free. I expecting full refund. Thx 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2022, 05:30:03 pm »
After following your suggestion I change my setting  in fms2020,my frame limit is setup in nvidia control panel to 35fps. Attaching screenshot I don't see any deferent.

Your screenshot is cut, so it's not possible to see if you changed the only setting that might affect this, that is the object LOD slider. I had it set in my video to 100, BTW.

this is only happen in your product.

No, it's only happening in your system. Why you think I took the time to make a video, other then proving how the product is supposed to look like ?

Pls. don't blame  something else for your bad pay product, Some how let say free  product like Gatwick EGKK has no problem at all and if free. I expecting full refund. Thx

And where, exactly, you can see ANY trace of "blame" in anything I posted. What I posted was:

- A video proving the problem doesn't happen

- Several suggestions about which settings can possibly affect this, that is the Object LOD and the Field of View.

Were is the "blame", my reference you might TRY removing other addons to see if there might a possible conflict or it was just an issue with VRAM consumption ? I'm trying to understand why a scenery that obviously works, is not working for YOU and it's a possible conflict with another addon IS possible, that doesn't obviously mean I'm "blaming" anybody, I'm just trying to HELP YOU.

Instead, the only blame I see is coming from you, who are very quickly calling this "a bad product", before even getting all the facts straight. If you took the time to look at the forum, you would have noticed only ONE other user had the same problem a few months ago:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25894.0.html

In that case, the user didn't know we had an update, which was required after SU5 changed all the LOD working and caused jetways in almost ALL add-on sceneries to disappear. We obviously fixed this long ago and, of course, as soon the user got the update, the jetways came back.

But you said you already updated, which is why, I suggest the other things, that is checking the LOD settings, the Field of View or trying with the Community empty of other add-ons. There's the Addon Linker, which I'm sure you must know, which makes extremely quick to disable everything to eliminate the chance of a conflict, that should be the first thing to try.

Another thing you can try, is to remove the CONTENT.XML here:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\CONTENT.XML

On the next startup, the sim will create a new one, sometimes this fixes disappearing things, due to a known bug in the sim DeleteAllJetways command which is required for any scenery to replace jetways with custom models. The bug manifests in a strange way, everything works normally, but only in the same session in which the CONTENT.XML is being recreated, if it already exists, the replacement jetways won't appear, but this would only happen if there's ANOTHER add-on that has other "Delete" commands in its .BGLs.

And before you say I'm "blaming" the sim for a bug I made up to justify a "bad product", check it here, on the official Microsoft Devevelopers forum, I reported myself in January:

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/5082/possible-bug-with-deletealljetways.html

As you can see Sylvain ( FlyingRacoon ) is one of the Asobo devlopers, CONFIRMED THE BUG, and later on, he confirmed is still not fixed in SU9, but it's likely planned to be fixed in SU10.

Again, this bug would appear only if there are multiple add-ons Deleting things at the same airports, that's why I told you to try with no other add-ons, NOT for "blaming" anybody, but because it's the PROPER way of troubleshoot this, since I obviously KNOW about this confirmed bug in the sim, and if you get it fixed, temporarily at least, for the session in which you remove the CONTENT.XML, it means we found the cause, and you triggered this bug.

If it's not that, we can still proceed other troubleshooting steps, like checking if you really go the current version of the files ( antivirus / firewalls can block this ), every problem has a solution, and we won't stop until is found.

Lastly, if you are referring to the THIS free Gatwick, as far I can see this screenshot:

https://cdn.flightsim.to/images/08/NIXV6YiQ.jpg?width=1400&auto_optimize=medium

It uses DEFAULT Jetways, so it won't ever be affected by the aforementioned bug, since this would only affect products that have custom jetway models.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 05:34:24 pm by virtuali »