Author Topic: Universal Installer query  (Read 825 times)

asboyd

Universal Installer query
« on: May 21, 2022, 09:34:23 am »
Hi Guys,
Finally updated my universal installer from the old updater. I do not see a scroll bar to scroll through the products so have a problem getting to my GSX one.

I also noticed that GSX and GSX Level2 always show Update buttons. I would have thought the installer would check to see if there actually was an update available.

Is the Update button supposed to be "on" when you run the installer?

Cheers,
AlexB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Universal Installer query
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 09:59:10 am »
You don't see a scroll bar, because there isn't one, since the product list can be scrolled with the mouse wheel.

The update button does exactly that: it checks for an update, so it's always enabled as long the product is installed.

The update buttons in the installer will automatically check for updates at each start, that would be the updater job ( which is the same program, just with a different interface ), the whole point of the installer is that you are control, so it doesn't do anything unless you ask for it so, no automatic update check on start, which is instead done when running it from the updater icon. Remember, it's the same program, it changes its aspect depending which shortcut is starting it.