Author Topic: Missing textures on new install today  (Read 3242 times)

falcon999

Missing textures on new install today
« on: February 13, 2022, 06:17:48 pm »
Any suggestions?  Install went fine.  FSDT Live update installed a bunch of new downloads after install.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 06:19:59 pm by falcon999 »

falcon999

Re: Missing textures on new install today
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 03:48:59 pm »
Anyone???  Brand new install of MSFS20, new install of product.  Tried uninstall and reinstall with same result.

falcon999

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 07:16:43 pm »
Update: When I tried reinstalling again today, I noticed a new Icon on desktop, Installer.  Never seen this program before.  It has both installation and update capabilities.  I was using my original downloaded installer, then using live update to patch.  Seems like this installer doesn't work any longer.

Why didn't the previous version of Live Update add this new Installer App?  Why did it take a new installation to do it?

Installed from the app, instead of my original installer, and now everything works.  Where did I miss the notification that Live Update has a significant revision?  Is there someplace I could have downloaded it?

« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 07:28:19 pm by falcon999 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 11:02:41 pm »
Where did I miss the notification that Live Update has a significant revision?

The Home Page of the site, first line of the News settings.

falcon999

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 11:40:16 pm »
Thanks but it was easy for me to miss the one small line at the bottom of the main page.  Could you have sent an email or done a pinned message in the support forum as well?

« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 11:43:18 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2022, 11:47:08 pm »
Thanks but it was easy for me to miss the one small line at the bottom of the main page.  Could you have sent an email or done a pinned message in the support forum as well?

We have been too busy with the release of the new GSX update, that we haven't got any time to present the new Universal Installer too, but additional explanations will come in the next days, possibly a video tutorial.

In any case, in addition to the Home Page news,  download links for it has also being added to:

- The main Product page for MSFS:

http://fsdreamteam.com/products_msfs.html

- Each specific product page, KORD V2 for example, now has a new Download button, which will download the Universal Installer.

http://fsdreamteam.com/products_kordv2_msfs.html

Other than being able to manage your license ( activation, deactivation, retrieve of lost keys ), the main feature for MSFS users, is the ability to download and install a scenery from scratch, solving forever the issue with Digital River download links expiring in 30 days.

Freccia

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2022, 09:59:11 am »
Ciao Umberto, I also have the same problems, as you can see from the image.

https://i.ibb.co/MRmk2RJ/KORD.jpg

Using the installer I downloaded, FSDT Live Update (the new skin, different from the one I was seeing with P3D) eventually opened, and downloaded a lot of stuff. I started MSFS, loaded KORD and saw these problems.

I also deleted the rolling cache (it is not active but I did it anyway), I deleted the Content.xml file and I deleted the contents of the SceneryIndexes folder, but the problem remained.

In the Content Manager I see this:

https://i.ibb.co/B4mNjyt/KORD1.jpg

Then I tried to cancel the Microsoft installation, but it doesn't work, I still have the same problem.

https://i.ibb.co/ZL3M49t/KORD2.jpg

What is the solution?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 07:37:32 pm by virtuali »

flyer12

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2022, 11:38:09 pm »
I wish we could switch our license from MSFS Marketplace to your Store. Microsoft will take a year to bring your updates to their store :( Bad Mistake on my part. for GSX will buy through your store.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2022, 12:19:56 am »
I wish we could switch our license from MSFS Marketplace to your Store. Microsoft will take a year to bring your updates to their store

As far as I know, the airports they have online now are all updated.  But yes, the update queue is long and updates are too slow. This has a nasty side effect that, if we have *minor* fixes, we don't even send them to Microsoft, because we want to use our slot to combine many fixes as possible so, it's possible that very small issues we might fix on our site immediately, would appear late on the MS Marketplace.

Bad Mistake on my part. for GSX will buy through your store.

As of today, GSX will never be accepted on the Marketplace, because it requires a stand-alone .EXE module and won't work without. It's a similar situation as the upcoming Fenix A320, that won't be sold on the Marketplace for the same reason.

We can only hope that, if enough more complex add-ons that can't work without proper .EXE modules ( WASM alone is far too limited for something like GSX, the inability to read outside its packages, for example, it's a showstopper for GSX, which needs to read all .BGL installed, regardless where they are ), Microsoft might change their policy of "no .EXE", provided the add-on would be sold as PC only, since there's no way .EXE will ever be allowed on Xbox.

joep747

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2022, 05:18:30 pm »
I'm having the same issue above. I purchased the scenery yesterday and it's been pretty fustrating. Had to reinstall the sim twice because I thought that will fix it. When I use the updater I see 1 of 11 and it just stops. Not sure whats going on, but any help will be appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2022, 10:16:09 pm »
I'm having the same issue above. I purchased the scenery yesterday and it's been pretty fustrating. Had to reinstall the sim twice because I thought that will fix it. When I use the updater I see 1 of 11 and it just stops. Not sure whats going on, but any help will be appreciated.

Several solutions has been discussed in this very thread:

- If you have the Asobo KORD, you MUST remove it from the Content Manager and restart the sim.

- The updater won't perform "all steps", unless you have ALL FSDT products installed so, it's not a problem if it doesn't do all steps. Or, more precisely, is not a problem if you don't have all FSDT products installed.

- You haven't said if the 1 of 11 step performed by the updater was KORD. If it was, has been the updated for THAT one completed with no errors ? You are supposed to see the updater saying the scenery license was checked and the scenery was digitally signed and installed.

- Assuming the updater finalized the KORD installation, have you checked if the Symbolic link for KORD has been created in the Community folder ? Sometimes, due to permission issues, it's possible the link might not be created so, check this as well.

- As discussed in this same thread as well, some users that initially have issues, reported they fixed them by using the FSDT Universal Installer. This is supposed to be the new way to install all our sceneries into MSFS from now on. We'll eventually abandon the old installer method, since the Universal Installer is clearly better. If you haven't use it, try that one.