Author Topic: KLAX Addon Manager Tweaks  (Read 2432 times)

Agera

KLAX Addon Manager Tweaks
« on: May 13, 2022, 07:13:25 am »
Hi,
I saw Addon Manager had tweaks available to set for FSDT airports. I wanted to try out the view optimisation, alt cull and shadows optimisation to see if I can get higher FPS at KLAX, but each time I click on them and reload the sim, it unticks the boxes. I've tried manually changing the value to =1 in CouatlAddons.ini, but it doesn't make any difference. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for any assistance :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX Addon Manager Tweaks
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 11:39:11 am »
Those settings are only meaningful for FSX and 32 bit of P3D, because they might help with OOMs, but they are completely useless on a 64 bit sim, and they might even increase stuttering, since even if they might save some memory, objects will be created and removed more often, causing more load on Simconnect and more chances of micro-stuttering.

The shadow optimization was also made for FSX and older P3D versions, which created object shadows, by projecting the airplane ( both user and AI ) over the ground so, the more complex your plane ( and AIs as well ) was, the lower the fps, so that option automatically turned off shadows over a certain altitude. This is also not required for P3D V4 and V5, because shadows are generated in a completely different way, using shaders, so the only thing affecting fps is their resolution, controlled in the sim graphic setting, which makes that option redundant.