Author Topic: FSUIP Problem **SOLVED**  (Read 8261 times)

kashmir79

FSUIP Problem **SOLVED**
« on: January 22, 2010, 11:15:53 am »
hey guys, i just installed Honnolulu, and loaded FS to go and purchase it but FS Will not load, its shows a message saying FSUIP Problem, and something to do with Modules Folder... ?

i uninstalled Honolulu..and now FS Will not load at all, keeps mentioning the FSUIP module problem

can anyone help

regards

Ryan.C
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 07:20:19 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSUIP Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 11:54:39 am »
If you mean FSUIPC, Honolulu doesn't install it, doesn't use it, and shouldn't be affected by the presence or the lack of it.

kashmir79

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 12:10:57 pm »
well why is it playing up just as i installed FSDT Honolulu. FS has never showed this message before.

i tried removing the older copy but i cant, my computer wont let me.

whats going on ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 12:19:15 pm »
I repeat and confirm:

Honolulu installer doesn't include FSUIPC, doesn't install it, doesn't require it, and that message doesn't come from anything included in our software, but from FSUIPC itself, which we don't touch, at all.

So, the only possible explanation, is that FSUIPC has bug and, if this really happened after the PHNL installation, I can only guess that FSUIPC has mis-identified our module for another copy of itself, which is of course an FSUIPC bug you better report to Peter Dowson.

kashmir79

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 02:40:48 pm »
right ok i managed to solve that problem...

but now ive installed Honolulu and bought it...and the scenery isnt showing. its just the Default..

what am i doing wrong ?

ive never had this problem with FSDT Past sceneries... sorry to be a pain

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 02:42:24 pm »
What you did to solving the problem ? If the Addon Manager doesn't show on the menu, the scenery will not work.

Try the following:

- Turn the Antivirus OFF

- Uninstall PHNL. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?"

- Reinstall PHNL. Don't launch FS9 yet

- Configure your antivirus to ignore the MODULES\bglman.dll file in the FS9 folder. Or the whole MODULES folder.

- Turn the Antivirus back ON, then launch FS9.

Ankh

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 02:06:13 pm »
I have exactly the same FSUIPC message showing up AFTER installation of FSDT Honolulu, and I am 100% sure that I did NOT do anything else between installation and start of the Sim. So it MUST be your installation... But your tip with installing the files manually worked, together with a simple reboot of the PC.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 02:08:33 pm by Ankh »

simflyer

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 07:04:07 pm »
Two versions of the same module will always create that problem. Check the modules folder for any duplicate .dll

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 07:20:04 pm »
I have exactly the same FSUIPC message showing up AFTER installation of FSDT Honolulu, and I am 100% sure that I did NOT do anything else between installation and start of the Sim. So it MUST be your installation...

No, it isn't. Please, read my message again: that message COMES FROM FSUIPC!

Yes, this might have happened after our installation, no question about it, but it doesn't mean it's our installer at fault, at all. It was FSUIPC itself that *decided* there was another copy of ITSELF running which might have happened for several reasons that don't have anything to do with our installer.

One, for example, might be that FS9 wasn't closed properly the last time BEFORE you ran our installer so, Windows didn't get a chance to fully release all memory and handles and, the next time you launched FS9, FSUIPC was trying to launch its 2nd copy, because the first was still hanging out somehow.

The fact that you launched the PHNL installer in the meantime, was probably purely coincidental but I can understand why you might be misleaded into thinking that it was our installer that created the problem in the first place.

But your tip with installing the files manually worked, together with a simple reboot of the PC.

The thing that fixed it was probably the reboot, and this just confirms what I've said above about FS9 might not been closed properly, which is something that a reboot always fixes.