Author Topic: LAX Blue night textures  (Read 3300 times)

General Aviation

LAX Blue night textures
« on: March 09, 2022, 03:25:28 am »
Installed LAX the other night and im having these weird blue night textures. Any ideas? I have tried restarting coulte and rebuilding airport cache with no luck.
Anything is welcomed thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LAX Blue night textures
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 10:19:47 am »
Installed LAX the other night and im having these weird blue night textures. Any ideas? I have tried restarting coulte and rebuilding airport cache with no luck.

This has been discussed several times, and it's caused by a custom shader ( most likely Tomato ). The problem doesn't happen with the normal shaders.

benjoglove

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 07:44:12 am »

This has been discussed several times, and it's caused by a custom shader ( most likely Tomato ). The problem doesn't happen with the normal shaders.

I disagree. I don't have any shaders and still getting it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 10:00:25 am »
I disagree. I don't have any shaders and still getting it.

That's a different issue, you are showing a map view, and in map view it can't be fixed, since the map view treats PBR differently, in a way it doesn't show the background scenery in PBR, but does activate PBR for the add-on scenery objects, so they won't match, but this is only a problem of map view.

The problem of night textures being to bright is really caused by P3D V5 different rendering at night, which seems to change with each version, so if you run the FSDT Live Update now, night textures should now be more matched to the surrounding scenery. However, the difference in rendering in Map view can't be fixed.

benjoglove

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2022, 10:05:08 am »
Okay a few things. Its in p3dv4.5 and i get the same colour issue on the ground not just in this view.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2022, 12:40:22 pm »
Okay a few things. Its in p3dv4.5 and i get the same colour issue on the ground not just in this view.

That's not any different, P3D 4.5 is PBR as well, even if it looks different too. And, you don't say if you have updated the scenery, as I said you should have.

benjoglove

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2022, 01:20:58 pm »

That's not any different, P3D 4.5 is PBR as well, even if it looks different too. And, you don't say if you have updated the scenery, as I said you should have.

Its a brand.new install as of yesterday so can only assume that it has the new files from simmarket.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2022, 06:20:12 pm »
Its a brand.new install as of yesterday so can only assume that it has the new files from simmarket.

That's why I wrote:

if you run the FSDT Live Update now

Now really means "now", meaning AFTER my post, because we just posted a tweak to the textures to lower the night brightness, which should make the blue cast invisible.

So, if you run the FSDT Live Update NOW, it will download some updated textures at KLAX.