Author Topic: Updating AFCAD  (Read 54634 times)

_Dre_

Re: Updating AFCAD
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2010, 02:41:44 pm »
Dre , I did try it , and I play with it for hours trying different ways to set it up ! it works but it always leaves the old jetways and or the old terminal on it ! I tried it with the fsdreamteam AF9_PHNL.bgl changing it to the AF2_PHNL putting it in the addon scenery / scenery folder , Jim Vile approach files to the scenery / generic / scenery folder ! both PHNL_APP_3rd_jv.BGL and PHNL_APP_jv.BGL even played with the AF2_PHNL_APP_jv.bgl and even try it with removing the PHNL stock BGL AP905240 but still old jetways or old terminal ????  thanks   MIKE

One major error you made was changing the FSDT afcad (ADE) file. This file should not be touched in regards to the Jim Vile files. The approach file and the afcad are two separate entities (just like JFK).

So put back the FSDT ADE file the way it originally was. For the correct approaches you only need to add the single Jim Vile file for 3rd Party sceneries.

All you need is this: FSDT's PHNL installed normally. Then from the set of Jim's approach files; put only "PHNL_APP_3rd_jv" in this location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\Generic\scenery .

That's how I have mine setup as Jim's 'readme' instructed.
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.

Tom C

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2010, 03:02:20 pm »
That's it Dre, couldn't remember the exact name of te file.

Now if we can only get rid of that blasted Man Utd banner you have, the world would be a perfect place ;D
Regards.

Tom C.

Tom C

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2010, 09:57:26 pm »
File removed.

24 hours, 47 downloads, and not 1 thank you?

Cheers to all who couldn't be bothered. I know I won't be in future.

miketower21, I am having the same problem, I will look into it and reply back to you.

Ethan, this was an FS9 file only.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 08:31:39 pm by Tom C »
Regards.

Tom C.

miketower21

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2010, 12:23:51 am »
Ok all, this is as good as I'm going to make it for release.

Reminder, this will only be here for a limited time, as it is going to be a project for the AIG Ground team.
Don't ask for a release date for that version, as it is going to be totally re-built from the ground up, and I won't tell you anyway  ;)

Get it while you can, it won't be here long.

Not to all, you need to get Jim Vile's Approach file to get best results from this, phnl_app_jv.zip at Avsim, http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=phnl_app_jv.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search.
Only install the 3rd party approach file as discussed by Dre, a few post's above this.

Also needed is the AIG Ground team Radius file, aig_aircraft_model_and_parking_radius.zip , also at Avsim, http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=aig_aircraft_model_and_parking_radius.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search
This ADE file is set according to the radius tables in this file.
Standard radius AI models may also work here, but will not follow the guidelines as described in our Radius table.
Hi Tom I tried your file but I'm getting alot of bleed through I add it some concrete aprons and on the reef 8R 26L runway ,I was showing water under the taxiway !!! it help alot but now im get the old terminal again BUT i think i know why i was using the old AFCAD.exe to fix everything but i think i got to download the new ADE-9X to fix it or just to have ??? maybe too thats why my curved approach is not working ???              
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:25:55 am by miketower21 »

Ethan744N763

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2010, 01:25:53 am »
Thanks Tom! Will try it out in FSX later

Ethan744N763

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2010, 04:35:52 am »
Ok not sure how to install it. Where is the orginal FSDT PHNL AFCAD? In the FSDreamteam>PHNL>Scenery folder? Or in the Addon Scenery>Scenery folder? I found a file called DH_BR_PHNL.BGL in the Addon Scenery>Scenery folder and I thought that is the AFCAD for FSDT. So I made a backup, deleted it, put yours in and renamed it to DH_BR_PHNL.BGL. And I fired up FSX and I still have the same problems I had before so I do not think I did the right thing.

Pictures:

http://img138.imageshack.us/i/fsx2010012719182756.png/

The only planes in this first picture should be Hawaiin Airlines, Mokulele, Island air and go! .

http://img685.imageshack.us/i/fsx2010012719184854.png/

Again these airlines shoulden't be here. The other pictures explain the same thing.

http://img251.imageshack.us/i/fsx2010012719191185.png/

http://img685.imageshack.us/i/fsx2010012719181109.png/

Or do I have it installed correctly and this all has to do with that radius thing?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 04:38:37 am by Ethan744N763 »

Tom C

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2010, 10:10:46 am »
Ethan, this is in the FS9 section and is only for the FS9 scenery.
I don't do FSX files.
Regards.

Tom C.

data63

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2010, 10:45:18 pm »
to Tom c:

pitty you removed your File - i'd liked to try it (to slow to download an thenak you  :-\)

will it be available an avsim.com / flightsim.com under the "AIG-Label" ?

i'd apreciate it

EDDT-Sebi

• FSX
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2010, 10:59:48 pm »
File removed.

miketower21, I am having the same problem, I will look into it and reply back to you.

Hallo Tom...!
I test been three time, but i am some not time, write to you! Because very busy! Yours design AD9 was very good about all parking/gate!! Work very fine!
Very thanks yours work! ;D
But, i change some taxiways over runways, why? AI Traffik can´t wait long for other approach! I give some exclude to taxiway C, i had three default taxi signs!
i test today last time, all good!

Sebastian

I am deaf. Though i try my very best
my linguistic possibilities are limited:
i will make mistakes.

Tom C

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2010, 11:22:33 pm »
will it be available an avsim.com / flightsim.com under the "AIG-Label" ?
I don't know.
I have many other files in production at the moment, so this is way down the list.
Regards.

Tom C.

Tom C

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2010, 11:27:14 pm »
File removed.

Hallo Tom...!
I test been three time, but i am some not time, write to you! Because very busy! Yours design AD9 was very good about all parking/gate!! Work very fine!
Very thanks yours work! ;D
But, i change some taxiways over runways, why? AI Traffik can´t wait long for other approach! I give some exclude to taxiway C, i had three default taxi signs!
i test today last time, all good!

Sebastian
I hope you continue with your file Sebastian, it looks good.
Regards.

Tom C.

Deltalpha

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2010, 02:44:49 am »
File removed.

Not all of us had a chance to download... :-\

Tom C

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2010, 10:05:42 am »
Not all of us had a chance to download... :-\
And thanks to those who couldn't even bother to post a comment either way, good or bad, after downloading the file, you won't have that chance again.

I'll modify FSDT AFCAD'ADE files to suit myself, and leave them on my HD for my own use.

How hard is it to download something and post a thank you comment to someone who spent 30 + hours doing something that will help you.
I always do, but I guess some people simply don't care.
Regards.

Tom C.

Manty

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2010, 10:33:09 am »
Hello Tom C,

thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you,  and: thank you !

No, well, really fantastic work.

I checked it out yesterday evening (Germany). Looks really good, with curved approaches 'n everything. Had to deactivate the static C-17 file, now everything including the military parking just works super.

Good (hard) work !!!

I can't wait for your real official FSDT_PHNL_AFCAD that you will post later on (when?) at AIG.

Thank you very much again !

Cheers,

Manty

bousma

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2010, 12:16:21 pm »
Tom, thank you so much for your efforts to improve the AFCAD file in order to implement the curved approach. Due to a very busy work schedule this week, I could not test it so far.   Keep on with the excellent job.
Antony