Author Topic: Updating AFCAD  (Read 54284 times)

Tom C

Re: Updating AFCAD
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 05:05:53 pm »
it does not save it as a BGL file
Is it giving you any error message?

I'm updating mine right now, and I can see this .bgl, (PHNL_ADE9_TC.BGL) in the Flight Simulator 9\FSdreamteam\PHNL\scenery folder.
Regards.

Tom C.

Kelleymoe

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 05:23:18 am »
Is ADE hard to use?  I know the old AFCAD program was very easy to use.  I see the current version of ADE allows for use with FS9.  Has anyone had any problems using it with FS9?

I use to live near the airport.  Once I download and figure out ADE, I plan on updating the parking to reflect the Aloha Airlines era.  It looks a little wierd seeing Aloha Cargo and the Fedex 208s parked at the gates and nothing at the civil aviation side.  I even had Hawaiian planes parked on the military side.  I had to shut off my military cargo planes and general avaition.  Too many of them were parking at the PHNL gates.

The only thing I really don't like is the limited parking.  Otherwise, this was money well spent!  I can't wait to buy the other Hawaii airports.

Thanks guys!!!

Mike Franks

_Dre_

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 06:09:30 am »
I think we need some Harpsi magic on this one.

Virtuali, is there a way (file) to remove the static C-17s because I have military AI aircraft and at the moment my ai C-17s are all over the place (pass. terminals, other odd spots) because the FSDT statics have taken most of the spots.

On another note, has anyone tried the Jim Vile PHNL approach file to see if it's compatible?

Andre-FS9
AES Super User.

Ethan744N763

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 07:03:45 am »
I agree!

In my FSX I have 747s in the Commuter Terminal, 767s and A330s all the way at the edge of the military part and other AI airlines that are totally misplaced and sometimes they stack up on each other. I use WOAI

I really hope this gets fixed!

Tom C

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 11:51:21 am »
I think we need some Harpsi magic on this one.
That's for sure.

Virtuali, is there a way (file) to remove the static C-17s because I have military AI aircraft and at the moment my ai C-17s are all over the place (pass. terminals, other odd spots) because the FSDT statics have taken most of the spots.
Make a backup of your .bgl files and simply delete or rename the PHNL_C17.BGL file.
That will get rid of the static C-17's for you, but you will need to do a lot of work to get parking for the amount of C-17 that the MWAI file gives.

You can see how mine looks in the Screenshot forum as soon as I have uploaded some of my shots.

On another note, has anyone tried the Jim Vile PHNL approach file to see if it's compatible?
Yes it works just fine as far as I can see.
Installed it last night ans watched a few AI aircraft making the curved approach to 26L.
Regards.

Tom C.

_Dre_

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 03:09:23 pm »
Thanks Tom. I'm also waiting on Mike or Harpsi to adjust the afcad as I've had no luck getting ADE (keep getting sent to a login screen when no login is required), and yes I've tried the "guest/guest" entry to no avail.

@Virtuali, thanks for the static vehicle traffic (much better than nothing at all).
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.

tdavart

• Disrud Studios
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 07:12:31 pm »
I love the scenery, but can we not expect to have a decent Afcad for the money?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 07:21:34 pm »

The AFCAD is already "decent". The C-17 issue is so trivial to fix, that is really a non issue. Moreover, we'll think a better solution for the static airplanes that will not require tweaking the AFCAD.

What are, exactly, the problems you are having with the AFCAD ? An AFCAD file is usually more of a personal thing, because it also a lot dependent on which AI traffic package one is using so, there's no way to release a "perfect" one that will work for everyone.

In this regard, the supplied one is already "decent" (if we agree on the meaning of the term, which surely doesn't mean "perfect"), because it can be easily tweaked for own needs.

Hernan1

• Aviation artist
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2010, 09:31:19 pm »
Umberto, I agree with you that the supplied AFCAD is a "decent" one, however, I am still unable to make the changes to my AFCAD for my own needs. I do not own FSX, therefore the ADE tool will not work. I think the pproblem is the "AF9_PHNL" file in the Scenery folder should be: "AF2_PHNL"  since by making a change with the AFCADv2 tool will only create a new AF2_PHNL.bgl file, and by doing so, for some reason all exclude files are deleted, therefore, the default scenery re-appears.
Do you have a "step-by -step" instruction we can all use to make updates to the AFCAD?. To me it sounds like you are saying to make the changes to our liking without giving us the help or support of how to do it.
I am still waiting for a reply to my second question regarding installing an update to my ZurichX scenery. It will not install it because your program is detecting my Flight Simulator version is the original one without the FS9.1 update. If I choose not to update it, why can I not get rid of the warning message that says I need to update my Zurich scenery every time I start my Flight Simulator?
Thanks.
DELTA is my airline

johnk51

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2010, 09:36:56 pm »
I've got mine working good.  I'm able to update the gates and such with afx.  And I used ade to make approaches so I don't have atc turning me all over the place.  I put that file in the scenery/generic/scenery folder and also kept all the exclude files in that one and it works.  I added more military and general aviation and some more cargo.  It's looking good.  Did a flight into and then out of phnl.  Very nice.  Now if aes will do this scenery.  Only I wish that he would have the program use the users afcad instead of the one that came with the scenery.  Using gates for the cargo area just don't cut it.
John K

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2010, 10:10:02 pm »
Umberto, I agree with you that the supplied AFCAD is a "decent" one, however, I am still unable to make the changes to my AFCAD for my own needs. I do not own FSX, therefore the ADE tool will not work. I think the pproblem is the "AF9_PHNL" file in the Scenery folder should be: "AF2_PHNL"  since by making a change with the AFCADv2 tool will only create a new AF2_PHNL.bgl file, and by doing so, for some reason all exclude files are deleted, therefore, the default scenery re-appears.
Do you have a "step-by -step" instruction we can all use to make updates to the AFCAD?. To me it sounds like you are saying to make the changes to our liking without giving us the help or support of how to do it.
I am still waiting for a reply to my second question regarding installing an update to my ZurichX scenery. It will not install it because your program is detecting my Flight Simulator version is the original one without the FS9.1 update. If I choose not to update it, why can I not get rid of the warning message that says I need to update my Zurich scenery every time I start my Flight Simulator?
Thanks.

Ade works with FS9 too, when you lunch it, it normally ask for wich version you want to work for.
If you open our AF9_PHNL and save back in the same folder, it will keep exclude and all previous info.
Thank's
Fabrizio

EDDT-Sebi

• FSX
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 11:29:27 pm »
I work 50 % this AD9, can test my afcad?

next time with other parking for Military!

Sebastian

I am deaf. Though i try my very best
my linguistic possibilities are limited:
i will make mistakes.

tdavart

• Disrud Studios
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 11:30:54 pm »

The AFCAD is already "decent". The C-17 issue is so trivial to fix, that is really a non issue. Moreover, we'll think a better solution for the static airplanes that will not require tweaking the AFCAD.

What are, exactly, the problems you are having with the AFCAD ? An AFCAD file is usually more of a personal thing, because it also a lot dependent on which AI traffic package one is using so, there's no way to release a "perfect" one that will work for everyone.

In this regard, the supplied one is already "decent" (if we agree on the meaning of the term, which surely doesn't mean "perfect"), because it can be easily tweaked for own needs.

By decent I mean one that accounts for the basic types of parking at the airport. If you are including both the cargo terminal and Hickam I would assume you would create acceptable parking for both. Fixing the Afcad shouldn't be left up to the customer. Please don't cut corners. But like I said the scenery in general is wonderful.

commissioner

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2010, 08:44:27 am »
Virtualli

In a way I agree with you that the afcad is decent. The terminal gates look great as does the cargo ramp, but there is virtually no GA spots,  and as far as Hickham goes, theres maybe 10 at best. And we're talking about a good sized base with 2-3 airwings if I'm not mistaken. I truly hope there is an update to the afcad. Other than that the scenery looks great!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2010, 12:27:20 pm »
Hi is Mike or Harpsi going to come up with and up date AFCAD2 File For PHNL, Honolulu Int'l with crosswind runways so all runways are in use ?

The PHNL AFCAD already has crosswind runways! Nobody noticed it ?