Author Topic: Updating AFCAD  (Read 54495 times)

Hernan1

• Aviation artist
Updating AFCAD
« on: January 22, 2010, 08:15:56 am »
I just installed your scenery and I am very happy with it. However, I noticed your AFCAD has some airlines missing. For Example, Korean Airlines, Kalitta Air, Air Pacific.
I attempted to assign the gates for them, in addition to correcting all DELTa and Northwest gates. After saving the folder to Scenery, AFCADv2 created a AF2 PHNL. When I opened FS, i noticed the default scenery re appeared. How can I resolve this issue? I re-installed the scenery. The default scenery dissappeared, but, the parking slots for the above airlines are still in the wrong places. Please help.
DELTA is my airline

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Updating AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 12:04:50 pm »
A double AFCAD is known to create this issue. It wasn't necessary to reinstall the scenery, of course, but simply remove your additional AFCAD, or rename it A9_PHNL.BGL, overwriting the one that comes with PHNL.

meiji

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 12:52:57 pm »
Thank you very much development staff of this great scenery.

I have same problem too.
Could you recommend modified tool of this AF9_PHNL.BGL?
Popular AFCAD 2.1 tool eliminate some data when file is updated.
Original file is 91kB but updated file is 71kB.
AFCAD tool does not work to this AF9***.BGL.

Best regards,
Meiji

mozart

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 12:56:55 pm »
What I usually do:

• Use AFCAD and open the AF2 file that comes with the FSDT product. I assume it is located in the "scenery" folder of PHNL
  • Save that file under a different name, I usually put a prefix, so the new file is called something like "Mozart_AF2_PHNL". Save it under "Addon sceneries/scenery".
  • Delete the AFCAD file that is in the FSDT folder. Like that you won't have redundancies
  • Do all the changes in the new AFCAD file called "Mozart_AF2_PHNL".
  • A word of caution: when you re-install PHNL for any reason, make sure you delete the AF2 file that gets installed with it. As long as you do that, AI traffic will always be controlled by the "Mozart_AF2_PHNL" file

The much more important question for me is: who parks where? I.e. which gate is used by which airline? And how about parking on the tarmac that lies next to runway 22L? How are the parking patterns at Hickham AFB? And what goes to Hawaii ANG?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 01:21:18 pm »
We strongly suggest using the latest version of ADE to edit AFCAD files, which now supports both FS9 and FSX.

meiji

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 02:51:15 pm »
Thank you for your information.
Parking code can be changed without problem.
ADE version 1.46.2 worked fine.
Thank you.
Meiji

johnk51

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 02:53:10 pm »
So ade is what you used?  Cause using afcad2 removed all the excludes so there were taxi signs on the taxiways, and afx said there were parts that were not compatible with afx and they would be stripped out.  When I used ade I saw all the excludes all over the place.  But I like the speed of afx or afcad2 to change and add parking spots.
John K

sticky1202

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 03:38:31 pm »
  So to be sure, I should NOT use AFCAD to tweek the PHNL AFCAD?

Jim ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 03:49:03 pm »
Better not use the old AFCAD, because it doesn't save back some critical items that are needed by, like exclusion zones. As I've said, it's safe to use the current version of ADE, the one that is compatibile both with FS9 and FSX.

migfar2007

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 04:42:53 pm »
the afcaad need more gates to military aircraft...
only have 5 or 6 gates...
need more

Hernan1

• Aviation artist
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 12:58:57 am »
Great suggestions. I attempted to do what Mozart suggested, however, it did not work; it put back the default scenery on top of the FSDT scenery.
Pardon my ignorance Virtuali, but, I am not familiar with the ADE tool. I've always used AFCADv2 with just about every scenery I own. Can you direct me to a link where I can download it?. Hopefully it will do the trick. I just hate seeing Kalitta's Cargo 747 parked in the Overseas passenger terminal. I also saw Korean Airlines taxiing out of the Air Force base. Air Pacific 737-800 was parked in a lonely parking spot between the Air Force Base and runway 8L. Delta's 747-400 was parked by gate 28. Delta uses gates 20, 21 and 22 and all former Northwest gates, so, there is a need to make gate changes.
Also, as my Flight Simulator was loading I got this message: "You have an old version of Zurich X Scenery". It directed me to your website to download the update. After downloading it, I couldn't install it, because it detected my FS9 does not have the FS1 update. If that is the case why did the PHNL installed without a problem?. A while back I tried to purchase your JFK scenery, and I couldn't do it for the same reason. It showed tha I had the FS0 version. Can you please explain that?
Thanks.
DELTA is my airline

johnk51

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 01:13:55 am »
I was just wondering.  I use ade to make approaches to airports.  After I make them I compile and have it make a xml file that I remove much of the airport, then compile that xml file into a bgl then put that into the scenery/generic/scenery folder.  It doesn't interfere with the afcad in the scenery folder, but I have the approaches I made.  So would the excludes still work if the orig afcad file was in the generic folder and then the file in the scenery file could be modified with afcad2 or afx.  I might try it.  What else was different with this afcad that won't work with afcad2 or afx besides the exclude rectangles.
John K

_Dre_

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 02:20:45 am »
Does anyone have a link for ADE? I couldn't find anything with a google or Avsim search.
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.

Tom C

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 02:28:20 am »
Regards.

Tom C.

SeanTK

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 05:36:17 am »
Good day,

I just purchased the scenery for use in FS9 and X, and upon initial installation into FS9, noticed the surprising sparsity of the parking system/AFCAD file. Can we expect an updated one that adds general aviation parking and military parking? So far, a quick examination reveals that the main airline terminal is fairly well covered (I need to find a way to add Aloha Airlines designations to some of them to go alongside Hawaiian however..they still live in my sim!  :D ), but the southeastern side of the field is absent of parking with the exception of five cargo parking areas, and Hickam is pretty much absent of parking. (only three spots)
After examining numerous real world photos, and recalling past experience having lived on Oahu in the mid-1990's, the southeastern side of the field should be packed with dozens of GA parking spots, and the military area should be equally bursting with available spaces for Hawaii's ANG and the numerous foreign government aircraft that use the area while in transit.

I must add however that overall I am very happy with the quality of the scenery, but an AFCAD/parking file that more closely reflects the large amount of aircraft and movements that can be found on this field at any time of day would really add a lot to the experience.

Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to Lihue and Hilo!

-SK