Author Topic: Can't open GSX at stand in CYZF  (Read 1585 times)

Fardel

Can't open GSX at stand in CYZF
« on: April 22, 2022, 12:46:16 pm »
I have a problem with GSX L2 in Yellowknife (CYZF) by Project MAX.

When I am on the runway I can regularly open the GSX menu and select the stand where I want to go but, as soon as I arrive at the stand (all stands), set the parking brake and off the engines, I am no longer able to open the GSX menu and carry out any actions.
I can't even use the Prepar3Dv5.3 by menu item but I can only configure GSX (by the Prepar3D menu item).

GSXL2 works regularly on all other airports and is up to date.
Thanks for your help

Paolo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't open GSX at stand in CYZF
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 08:19:56 pm »
Open the GSX airport customization page, and check if the correct AFCAD is loaded when you are parked.

Fardel

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022, 05:55:07 pm »
I' sure on runway but I check at stand

Paolo

Fardel

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 10:41:01 am »
Hi Umberto

I have checked and it always opens the same AFCAD and the same .ini cyzf-PMF (the name I use when editing an .ini).
I can't understand why I always follow the same procedure to change the .ini in all airports. This is very strange.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 11:16:55 am »
Please post your .INI file, because it's not possible to tell much from screenshots.

Just Caliber

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2022, 01:53:02 am »
I too am having the exact same issue under the same conditions. I can't seem to find any other fix.

When I try to open GSX after parking and shutting down, I get the message 'This parking is isolated. Ground services are not available'

I opened the .ini and it is pointing to the correct AFCAD, as is the GSX editor (obviously) but still no services. When I try to edit something, Couatl crashes.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2022, 11:39:02 am »
I would need the airport AFCAD file as well. One reason for the "parking isolated" message, other than it being REALLY isolated, is a mismatch of names between the .INI and the AFCAD, as if you were using an .INI made for a different version of the AFCAD, which might have been updated in the meantime, but kept the same name, so GSX tried to associate an .INI and a .BGL that are not supposed to be used together.

Just Caliber

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2022, 02:48:18 am »
That's what I'm starting to think now too. Because GSX is pointing to the correct (and only) AFCAD that is in the scenery.

Just Caliber

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2022, 08:01:04 am »
SOLVED

I had a friend who knows how to AFCAD and he made some fixes. Turns out the gates were not actually connected to the taxiway which would explain why they were isolated. I have also made a walk-in gates profile for this airport too.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2022, 08:23:45 am »
I had a friend who knows how to AFCAD and he made some fixes. Turns out the gates were not actually connected to the taxiway which would explain why they were isolated. I have also made a walk-in gates profile for this airport too.

Yes, sorry for not having replied sooner but that's generally the case: in order to work with GSX, a parking must be connected to the rest of the airport, hence the need for a "Parking isolated" message in GSX, which points to the problem.