Author Topic: LSGG Activation problem  (Read 3496 times)

Mariusz

LSGG Activation problem
« on: February 23, 2022, 03:21:11 pm »

Welcome !

I am having trouble activating your LSGG Geneva product on Fs-X Steam. The information is contained in the screen. I am writing that I have an antivirus blockade, but I do not have any virus, Windows 10 is a newly installed system. I already have enough of your products, there are always problems with them and I do not know if I will be demanding a refund for such defective software. Geneva Airport is accessible through other companies on Simmarket. Why should I pay for something that gives me eternal problems. I am asking for help in resolving this issue and if not, I am asking for a refund. Regards Mariusz from Poland. And I have one more screen, if I bury something in the Addon Manager folder, the Couatl_Updater file, in Fs-X Steam, this message appears to me in the second screen
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 03:29:28 pm by Mariusz »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LSGG Activation problem
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 03:26:39 pm »
   I am having trouble activating your LSGG Geneva product on Fs-X Steam. The information is contained in the screen. I am writing that I have an antivirus blockade, but I do not have any virus, Windows 10 is a newly installed system.

First, it seems you are confusing the antivirus with the virus. I'm sure you don't have a virus, but that's not what the message says. It says to configure the ANTI-virus and add the WHOLE Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions.

So yes, under a newly Windows 10 system, you do have an ANTI-virus, and you should configure it properly, the run the FSDT Live Updater again.

If that doesn't fix it, as discussed in many other threads:

- Download and install the new FSDT Universal Installer, the link is on the NEWS section of the front page.

- While you still can't reinstall an FSX product with it ( which is not needed, since the installers are always freely available ), you can use it to UPDATE the products, after you configured the antivirus properly.

Mariusz

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 04:06:07 pm »
I do everything right 30 minutes ago I downloaded the new GSX Level 2 Expansion and LSGG installers, I wrote not a virus but an anti-virus and I do not have any anti-virus program installed. I cannot solve this problem and neither can you. Please can I have my money back. I will not bother with your products, you have me in your database and please return the money for the scenery bought from you.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 04:12:12 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 04:18:24 pm »
I do everything right 30 minutes ago I downloaded the new GSX Level 2 Expansion and LSGG installers

You are not saying if you did what I suggested: download and install the new Universal Installer to UPDATE the products AFTER you installed them using their normal installer.

I wrote not a virus but an anti-virus

Maybe you meant something else, but THIS is what you wrote:

but I do not have any virus,

and I do not have any anti-virus program installed.

Sure you have, every new Windows 10 installation comes with the Windows Defender antivirus so, please, do as I asked and use the new Universal Installer to UPDATE the products AFTER you installed them and be sure you add the WHOLE Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusion.

I cannot solve this problem and neither can you.

Maybe you can't solve the problem, but I surely can, and I'm trying to tell you how to do that, so can too.

Please can I have my money back. I will not bother with your products, you have me in your database and please return the money for the scenery bought from you.

You are not obviously getting any refund, because all our products are available IN TRIAL VERSION. The whole point of having a TRIAL Version is that you can TEST them BEFORE purchase, to be sure they work on YOUR system. That's why we don't do any refunds on the premise the product "doesn't work", both because it clearly does, but also because we allow you to test if works on YOUR system too, with the TRIAL.

But that's not the point, the point is, if you follow my advice, the products WILL work.

Mariusz

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 04:30:57 pm »
I disabled the Defender gpedit.msc command and so on. I downloaded the new FSDT installer and I am sending the screen I activated the LSGG and there is still nothing to the airport buildings and the message TRIAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mariusz

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2022, 04:38:30 pm »
Next screen I activate LSGG Geneva its OK and I have windows activate from LFSB EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg. What is dis???? I think you have a problem !!!! Fix it

Mariusz

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2022, 04:44:25 pm »
next screen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2022, 04:51:29 pm »
I disabled the Defender gpedit.msc command and so on.

Nowhere I said you should do that. You MUST configure the antivirus and add the Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS. I can confirm for having experience first-hand: the antivirus cannot really be "disabled", its low level service is still running and might still interfere.

That's why,  we NEVER suggested to "disable" the antivirus, which is not required, is very complex to do, you can do mistakes, etc. but INSTEAD, to configure it properly as I already explained multiple times by one.

I downloaded the new FSDT installer and I am sending the screen I activated the LSGG and there is still nothing to the airport buildings and the message TRIAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You still haven't said if you did what I asked. After you install the new FSDT Installer, have you selected the UPDATE function ? Your screenshot only shows the product is already Active so, the ONLY possible reasons for this are:

- You haven't configured the antivirus as I explained.

- You haven't run the UPDATE from the Universal installer. 

Next screen I activate LSGG Geneva its OK and I have windows activate from LFSB EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg. What is dis???? I think you have a problem !!!! Fix it

We don't obviously have any "problem" to fix, and this is clearly your mistake, because you haven't realized in the Addon Manager there are several products to choose to activate. You are supposed to tell the program WHICH product you want to activate. If you don't select anything, it will assume Basel, because it's the first on the list.

Not that this was necessary, at all. Since you already activated LSGG from the Universal Installer, is completely useless to activate it from the Addon Manager as well. IT IS active, your problem it's just the program not starting, that was exactly what the first error message was about.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2022, 04:52:17 pm »
next screen

Because you expected to activate Basel with a key for Geneva ? Read my previous post, which explains what mistake you did this case.

Mariusz

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2022, 05:45:33 pm »
It already works, I did something by trial and error, but it works. Thank you. Best Regards Mariusz :) ;) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)