Author Topic: GSX jetways disable or disappear **SOLVED**  (Read 1820 times)

behnamzamani

GSX jetways disable or disappear **SOLVED**
« on: December 26, 2021, 12:29:07 pm »
Hi, after a few times I run FSX, the jetways I have created for a 3rd party airport just disappear, or GSX stops working. Then I have to reinstall GSX. After each reinstallation the jetwyas either remain disappeared or, if they appear, they do not operate anymore...

Please help me as I am getting tired of creating new jetways every second week...

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 11:13:38 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX jetways disable or disappear
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 03:57:50 pm »
Saying "jetway disappears" or "GSX stops working" are completely different things. Meaning:

- If jetway "just" disappear, but GSX is still working, is one kind of a problem requiring one kind of troubleshooting process

- If GSX stops works, jetways WILL obviously disappear too ( like anything else made with GSX ), it's a completely different kind of problem, which requires a totally different troubleshooting process.

So, first, please clarify which is which. In neither case, you are required to "creating new jetways", which is nonsense since, even if GSX really stopped to work or jetways really disappeared, in no circumstance your customization file will ever be lost.

Unless, of course, you are always so unlucky that GSX (or your PC) crashes in the *precise*, *exact* moment GSX is saving the file, which might lead to file corruption, which really seem the usual faulty antivirus that is blocking it as soon it's trying to write files, because of a bug of your antivirus, with you failing to add the Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions, which has been repeated over and over far too many times here, on manuals, on support emails, everywhere...

behnamzamani

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 06:52:31 pm »
Thank you for the quick response. Actually both "disappearing jetways" and "stopping GSX" occur occationally in different situations.

I have already excluded the Addon manager from the antivirus. Nothing changed...

But right now the main issue I have is the problem that, once I select operating jetways from GSX menu, I see the text "operating jetways", and I hear the beep alarm of jetways operation, but no jetway moves! See the screenshot I have taken during this operation!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2021, 08:19:54 am »
But right now the main issue I have is the problem that, once I select operating jetways from GSX menu, I see the text "operating jetways", and I hear the beep alarm of jetways operation, but no jetway moves! See the screenshot I have taken during this operation!

Try to uninstall SODE, download the installer here and reinstall it:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9

behnamzamani

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2022, 06:29:47 pm »
Thanks for your support that solved my problem  :)