Author Topic: CTD on load at KORD  (Read 2136 times)

alpineb

CTD on load at KORD
« on: April 08, 2022, 12:06:32 pm »
Hi there,

After many months of using the FSDT KORD in MSFS without issue, I'm now getting a CTD whenever I attempt to load into the airport.  This is regardless of the aircraft, whether there is a flight plan or not, or whether the start location is a gate or runway as a start location. I've been able to start at Midway (stock) OK, so it's not a photogrammetry issue. And I've also been able to fly into and over the airfield OK and taxi around - I know its the FSDT scenery I'm seeing too as 09C and the monorail to the international terminal are present.

I've also attempted with a nearly empty Community folder (I have Navigraph nav data present as well as the Blacksquare taxiway signs and Bijan seasons).

I purchased it via the MSFS Marketplace and content manager is showing v1.3.0 installed and 'up to date' as of 8 April 22 (can supply screenshot)

I'm running MSFS Store, 1,24.5.0 (SU8), win10, DX11, But this is a more recent issue - I have been able to spawn-in since SU8. I think maybe these issues started after WU8, but I'm not certain. The only other recent major change I had was installing the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo peripherals.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CTD on load at KORD
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 12:54:46 pm »
Have you removed the default KORD from Asobo with the Content Manager ?

Even if the scenery is excluded visually, it might still take extra memory and cause a crash, that's why we disable it automatically in the FSDT version of the installer, but since we can't do that in a Marketplace installation, that's left to the user to do it.

In any case, I just tried it now, and it works just fine, following this procedure:

- Download KORD from the Marketplace

- Go into Content Manager, click the small "list" icon next to the "package" icon to show individual packages inside bundles, searched for Asobo KORD and removed it

- Restarted the sim

- Went to KORD, no issues, see the attached screenshot

However, I must not I'm using SU9 Beta, so maybe this is one of the several sim crashes that are going to be fixed with SU9. I have SU8 installed too, but it's the Steam version, so I can't check the MS Marketplace KORD there, because the download Microsoft gave us for our products is for the MS Store version only. However, since nobody else reported issues with it, I must assume the scenery works with SU8 as well.

alpineb

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 02:06:46 pm »
Thanks for the swift reply.

I did as suggested and removed the Asobo KORD via content manager and tried launching in at gate M10.  Another CTD on the load screen.

I will leave for now and wait for SU9 and see if it persists after that and for now enjoy arrivals at KORD, but not departures!

Thanks again for the quick response.

alpineb

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2022, 03:18:33 pm »
Well, I gave it another cycle of uninstall/install and this time it worked!  MSFS is a funny beast.

alpineb

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2022, 04:39:09 pm »
And just to add some further detail. I was able to spawn in a C152 - it looked like it was going to hang, but it managed to keep processing.  I then tried in a SWS Kodiak: CTD, and a message saying Nvidea share was not responding. I then tried in a C208 in Safemode - fine. So maybe a driver issue or a conflict with something in the community folder. Will continue to investigate and see if I can find the culprit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2022, 01:37:22 am »
I then tried in a SWS Kodiak: CTD, and a message saying Nvidea share was not responding. I then tried in a C208 in Safemode - fine.

I was quite certain it couldn't be the scenery, since nobody reported something like this.