Author Topic: Installed and Active, yet No Buildings  (Read 3340 times)

canadagoose

Installed and Active, yet No Buildings
« on: March 06, 2022, 08:03:34 pm »
I only have jetways  showing for CYVR, but the Addon Manager indicates that the scenery is both installed and active. As you no doubt agree, it is very annoying to take 15 - 20 minutes for P3D to load and find this issue. Any ideas?
 Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installed and Active, yet No Buildings
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 08:38:56 pm »
If I were you, I would be way more worried your P3D takes 15-20 minutes to load, which seems to indicate problems way more serious.

For example, configuring the antivirus to exclude the whole simulator folder and any other folder that contains sceneries ( possibly in different drives ), might help and, if you also add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions, that might help fixing any issues with our sceneries.

About CYVR, if it's listed as Active, it seem to indicate the software is working correctly but, perhaps an error happened. First, I assume you do have GSX working normally at other places ? None of our sceneries work without GSX ( of course it's free to use there ) so, first thing to check if it's GSX is working.

canadagoose

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 08:50:04 pm »
Thanks, but the long load times are probably due to the  AIG Traffic manager, thanks for the advice anyway. I just ran the update  and went back into P3D and still the same problem. so, the update would have fixed any errors with  GSX  and updated that. BTW I used GSX yesterday at a non-FSDT airport. So, if you could kindly advise as to what my next step should be. Also, if I have to deactivate and reactivate or re-install CYVR I may have a problem because I do not have access to my product keys as they were on an external  backup drive that has since stopped working. I there a way to retrieve lost keys, if needed from purchases with FSDT?

Update...just ran GSX successfully, so that's not the issue.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 08:53:42 pm by canadagoose »

canadagoose

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 09:05:16 pm »
Just trying a couple of other airports and so far all seem to be working, including the big one, KORD. Hmmmm. Thanks for your continued help.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 09:07:57 pm by canadagoose »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2022, 09:09:59 pm »
I there a way to retrieve lost keys, if needed from purchases with FSDT?

Of course, the FAQ page of the site has a link to the webpage that can be used to retrieve a lost key.

About CYVR not showing, could you please check with GSX airport customization page, when you *are* at CYVR, the name and location of the AFCAD in use ? That might tell us if there's a possible conflict with another scenery.

canadagoose

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 09:15:48 pm »
Thanks for that "key' info. OK I am on that page. what info do we need? I see a "CYVR_AP.bgl" I also checked LM world\scenery\world and from another scenery there is a "Kelowna CYLW_ARP.bgl".
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 09:22:21 pm by canadagoose »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2022, 09:23:43 pm »
That seems to be right.

Try this:

- enable logging from the GSX Setting -> Troubleshooting page.

- be sure you are still at CYVR

- choose "Restart Couatl" from the Add-ons -> Couatl settings.

- after you see the "airport cache loaded successfully" message, exit the sim and check this file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG

- Don't post the file but, ZIP it and Attach it to a post, so I can have a look at it.

canadagoose

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2022, 09:47:11 pm »
Umberto, I really appreciate the time you are affording me with this. I enabled troublshooting in GSX and "Restart Couatl" was not available, so I ended my P3D session and went back to CYVR to restart a flight. Everything was , or appeared to be back to normal. I navigated to the GO TO Airport menu to check and make sure I was at CYVR and P3D crashed so I am going to restart and just to be sure about everything I will post the "Log" zip shortly.

canadagoose

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2022, 09:50:43 pm »
....OK here is the zip.  BTW again, everything looks to be in order now. Maybe the zip will show you more. Again, Thanks!

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2022, 01:19:56 am »
Sorry, I didn't read your last post carefully enough, so I thought you still had the missing buildings. I checked your log file in any case, and it's perfectly normal, you have the latest version of the program and no issues are there.

canadagoose

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2022, 01:48:09 am »
 NP, everything seems OK now, I just thought I’d forward the log to you just to be sure. Many thanks for your time.
Regards,
Tom