Author Topic: ksdf on msfs 2020  (Read 3619 times)

jefferysitz

ksdf on msfs 2020
« on: March 29, 2022, 02:11:29 am »
I purchased kdsf Louisvill on the msfs marketplace.   It was  very nice and I had no complains.

However, after recent msfs 2020 update it crashes the sim if I start on runway. Iff I start in parking it load but crashes the sim when I arriive at a runway.  I removed all other addon I could find with the same result.

Is there an update that fixes the airport?

If so where can I find it?

Thank  You for your time.
jefferysitz@hotmail.com
Steepledsquid9 is my username in the game.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ksdf on msfs 2020
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 04:42:21 pm »
I just tried it now ( the MS Marketplace version ), and it started on the runway just fine, without even restarting the sim after downloading it from the Marketplace.

I tried multiple times, going back to the Main Menu, and starting from a different runway each time, they all work. I'm using the default A320.

jefferysitz

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 01:00:17 am »
Thank you for your time.  Since it worked for you I deleted the airport and reinstalled it just like it was new and now it seems fine.  It must have gotten corrupted during one of the updates.   Oh...I forgot msfs doesn't work half the time for unknown reasons.  You have been very helpful.

nubpie

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 03:51:16 pm »
I have this same problem, I don't know how to fix it. Re-installing doesn't help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2022, 02:10:26 pm »
I have this same problem, I don't know how to fix it. Re-installing doesn't help.

Please clarify if you are referring to the FSDT version or the MS Marketplace version.

nubpie

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2022, 09:00:43 pm »
Both - I have tried the marketplace version and the FSDT client version. I've removed all addons and had just KSDF and I get the sporadic but frequent crashing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2022, 10:44:54 pm »
Both - I have tried the marketplace version and the FSDT client version. I've removed all addons and had just KSDF and I get the sporadic but frequent crashing.

You can't use both versions, if you bought two copies, be sure you remove the Marketplace version before installing the FSDT one.

nubpie

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2022, 03:57:04 am »
To clarify, I meant to say I get the crashing on both - when they are independently installed.

nubpie

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2022, 05:06:05 am »
I am speculating this happens after I've deleted my Content.xml file.

nubpie

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2022, 05:57:41 am »
Looks like if KSDF is at the bottom of my Content.xml it is stable. Deleting it and letting the sim re-create it puts it higher up and seems to cause issues.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2022, 12:18:31 pm »
Looks like if KSDF is at the bottom of my Content.xml it is stable. Deleting it and letting the sim re-create it puts it higher up and seems to cause issues.

That finally clears up the issue, and confirm the scenery is fine.

Being "at the bottom" of the Content.XML, means the scenery gets an HIGHER priority, compared to what's below itself. It's like the FSX Scenery Library, but in reverse, the things down in the file are loaded last, getting an higher priority over the rest.

This also means, if KSDF "crashes" when it's NOT at the bottom of the file, it means SOMETHING ELSE is getting an higher priority instead, and THAT one is the thing that is really causing the crash, because when FSDT KSDF is at the bottom, it's EXCLUDING things from other sceneries that got a lower priority ( = higher in the .XML  ) so, if any of these things caused the crash, KSDF manage to exclude them.

It can be anything, a mesh, static airplanes, it's difficult to say without knowing exactly what else you have in the Community folder but surely, if you can fix the crash by giving KSDF the highest priority, it's certainly proves KSDF is not the cause of the crash, but something else which can only be Excluded by KSDF if it's lower in the XML file.

Note that, in SU9 there still an old bug that hasn't fixed yet, which relates precisely with Exclusions, which I reported myself on MS Developers forum in January:

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/5082/possible-bug-with-deletealljetways.html

As you can see Sylvain ( FlyingRacoon ) is one of the Asobo devlopers, CONFIRMED THE BUG, and later on, he confirmed is still not fixed in SU9, but it's likely planned to be fixed in SU10.

This bug would appear only if there are multiple add-ons Deleting things at the same airports. Usually, it results in missing jetways, but since it's a confirmed bug, it's possible it might have other side effect in some situations, like crashes.

nubpie

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2022, 08:19:49 pm »
Thank you for the detailed explanation! I'll make sure it is in the right place if I delete my Content.xml file again in the meantime.