Author Topic: MSFS - Runway lights **SOLVED**  (Read 6314 times)

Keirtt

MSFS - Runway lights **SOLVED**
« on: August 18, 2021, 07:42:47 pm »
Afternoon! I wanted to check about the runway lights on the end of 17R and 35L. These runways allow for you to back taxi and turn to have a longer runway; however, in MSFS it has lights in the way. Is this a limitation of the sim or something that could be fixed? I've attached a screenshot for reafference. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 05:09:03 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MSFS - Runway lights
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 09:54:51 am »
We'll check that.

Keirtt

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 12:28:55 am »
We're you able to come up with anything? Thanks for the help!

Keirtt

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 11:51:24 pm »
We'll check that.

Following up to see what you were able to find. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 09:22:36 am »
Please stop bumping this, when I already said we'll check that. 

We'll release news and eventual upgrades when we have them, most likely after Sim Update 6 will come out.

Keirtt

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 05:23:39 am »
Umberto, I appreciate the “please”, but really? Such a poor reply over nothing. I waited ten days after your initial reply and then I waited over a month to just follow up. A simple “we are still looking into it” would have sufficed. Waiting over a month to follow up isn’t being exactly pushy.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2021, 09:44:48 am »
Umberto, I appreciate the “please”, but really? Such a poor reply over nothing. .

That's exactly why I said "please", it didn't seem to come across pleasing enough, it seems. I replied to you less than 24 hours after your first post, without giving a timeline and I expected that to be suffice to know the issue has been noted.

Keirtt

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2021, 01:46:58 pm »
Umberto, I appreciate the “please”, but really? Such a poor reply over nothing. .

That's exactly why I said "please", it didn't seem to come across pleasing enough, it seems. I replied to you less than 24 hours after your first post, without giving a timeline and I expected that to be suffice to know the issue has been noted.

Umberto,
     I will make this my last reply as to not continue to interrupt your development process, but I wanted to make sure I finish with this. Your initial reply was quick and I appreciated that you stated, "We'll check that". For me, that implied that you would look into the problem and reply back and acknowledge it was a problem. You did not reply back which left me to believe you either forgot about it, didn't see the same problem, or it was as you had intended it to be. I waited what I thought was a reasonable time (10 days) to follow up to see if you had also seen the issue and agreed it was a bug. Knowing that you would see that bump, I waited over a month to follow up a second time. My frustration exists because I've read replies on here where you have a habit of poor reply's such as yours where you encouraged me not to "bump" the post. As a customer, I don't expect preferential treatment, but I would expect to be able to ask questions and follow up on your support forums.

Maybe next time, a more appropriate reply would be, "Thanks for the reply! I've looked into it and agree it's something that needs to be fixed. We should have an update in the near future!". Intentional or not, your posts have a habit of coming off as impolite because of the undertone. I will not follow up on this topic any further.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2021, 02:00:26 pm »
Maybe next time, a more appropriate reply would be, "Thanks for the reply! I've looked into it and agree it's something that needs to be fixed. We should have an update in the near future!". Intentional or not, your posts have a habit of coming off as impolite because of the undertone.

My reply was "we'll check this", which means exactly the same thing, just in a shorter form.  It's not impolite and I can't see how such a short sentence could include something as complex as an "undertone".

Keirtt

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2022, 10:01:04 pm »
Umberto,
       Our last interaction was 8 months ago. I'm trying to be reasonable and not "bump" the thread as you pointed out last time, but I'm still curious if this is planned to be fixed or if it is on the back burner?

molleh

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2022, 05:11:35 pm »
Umberto,
       Our last interaction was 8 months ago. I'm trying to be reasonable and not "bump" the thread as you pointed out last time, but I'm still curious if this is planned to be fixed or if it is on the back burner?

Your original question and follow up requests were more than reasonable enough - Umberto just has a very, erm, peculiar way of interacting with customers. Lovely products at fair prices, though!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2022, 05:08:55 pm »
The fix for the runway lights has been released now with the FSDT Live Updater.

Keirtt

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2022, 04:01:15 am »
The fix for the runway lights has been released now with the FSDT Live Updater.

Umberto,
    Thank you for working on a fix. I noticed even after the update there are still two remaining on 17R that were not removed. I understand you're busy, but I wanted to bring this up to you. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2022, 11:54:04 am »
    Thank you for working on a fix. I noticed even after the update there are still two remaining on 17R that were not removed. I understand you're busy, but I wanted to bring this up to you. Thanks

I don't know how they slipped, but it's should be fixed now. Also the PAPIs weren't exactly in the correction position, now they are.