Author Topic: Is there still a problem with Standard Zurich scenery on Xbox?  (Read 3444 times)

Alpengreis

Hi

I would like to install your Zurich V2 on Xbox (Series X).

Is there still a problem with Standard Zurich scenery? Because you said, there is no delete button for
standard scenery Zurich on Xbox - but I haven't even an entry for Zurich (at least didn't found any).

Thank you very much in advance. I am a bit confused about that ...

Kind regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Is there still a problem with Standard Zurich scenery on Xbox?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 10:58:12 pm »
By default, packages are grouped, so you won't find Microsoft Zurich unless you click the small package icon, which will list the individual sub-components.

However, the problem list in the fact that Microsoft has included Zurich as part of the Standard package, not as a World Update, and for some reason they decided Xbox users can't delete anything that belongs to the Standard package. However, the scenery works, because after installation from the Marketplace ( and a RESTART of the sim ), it will get higher priority over the default Zurich. It's still not perfect, because there are some double ground markings, but no double objects at least.

Alpengreis

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 12:04:44 am »
Thank you very much for your fast response!

I thought that I had clicked on that small package icon ... probably not choosen the right.

However: now I know what the current situation is - thanks alot for clarification.

Alpengreis

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2022, 04:15:41 am »
I just want let you know that I wasn't wrong. In MY Xbox (premium) version (1.23.12 SU8) here
is no Zurich LSZH airport.

I saw all the relevant details (sub-components), incl. for example "Germany, Austria" where I
found Altenrhein LSZR.

But nowhere is Zurich.

I just have below the Section "Hauptinhalte, Erforderliche Pakete, Von Asobo Studio" which means
in english "Main content, Required Packets, From Asobo Studio" (or similar) which has NO details.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 05:36:47 pm by Alpengreis »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2022, 10:51:28 pm »
Please re-read my previous explanation, I think in the past you could see individual sub-component, but if they belonged to the Standard package, the Delete button is just not there, since Microsoft decided that Xbox users can't Delete anything that is part of the Standard set of files.

So, before SU8, even if you could SEE Microsoft Zurich, you wouldn't be able to Delete it anyway, not on Xbox.

Now, after SU8, instead of putting back the Delete button as they should have, it seem they just removed the ability to see the sub-component of the Standard package, so you won't even know what's in there and of course, since the whole Standard set of packages cannot be deleted, you still are unable to delete any airport that belongs to the standard package.

As I've said, this wouldn't be so much of a problem, because when you download FSDT Zurich from the MS Marketplace, it will get higher priority over the Microsoft Zurich, so (AFTER A RESTART), you won't have issues like double objects, etc. because of course FSDT Zurich comes with all proper Exclusion commands.

However, it seems that because of ANOTHER simulator bug, there's no way to Exclude some special kind of custom ground markings, other than Delete the conflicting scenery, which you CAN do on PC, since Microsoft Zurich CAN be seen individually if you click the little "list" icon on the right of the "pack" icon in the Content manager, the DELETE button IS there, but on Xbox one can't do that, so until Microsoft will fix the inability to Exclude that kind of ground markings ( they are called "Projected Mesh" ) from a scenery with an higher priority OR let you delete something from the standard content, you are stuck with double ground markings at Zurich.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 10:23:26 am by virtuali »

Alpengreis

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 01:03:48 am »
Ahh, NOW I understood - once again, thank you very much (also for your patience)!

Alpengreis

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2022, 01:45:08 am »
I saw the following fix in changelog for MSFS Update 9:

Fixed Hide/Unhide not working for projected meshes

Does that mean that you can fix now the Zurich V2 for Xbox related to ground markings?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2022, 10:22:18 am »
Does that mean that you can fix now the Zurich V2 for Xbox related to ground markings?

Unfortunately not, that fix is only related to the Scenery Editor itself, so now one can Hide/Unhide projected meshes in the editor, but that's only for the scenery you are editing.

The problem is just there's no way to exclude a projected mesh from an underlying scenery with any kind of Exclude command, I think it's the only thing that still can't be excluded ( a while ago, it wasn't possible to exclude default roads or road lights, now it is ), I guess they never thought about it, because they don't usually use Projected Meshes in default airports, it was mainly used by 3rd party developers to create a completely custom ground marking set without using any default elements, which is not usual for default airports, in fact I think Microsoft Zurich is basically the only included scenery that use it.

This, coupled with the problem you can't Delete anything that belongs to the Standard scenery on Xbox ( on PC the issues is very easy, just remove the Microsoft Zurich or flag it as "False" in the CONTENT.XML file ), makes the problem impossible to fix for us, until they come with a proper fix.

Note that, there's an overall issue with Exclusion at large, in addition to the project meshes, which makes impossible to Exclude *anything*, if *another* scenery "below" already added its own Exclusions. So, for example, consider this situation:

- A default scenery comes with Jetways

- A default "handcrafted" airports Excludes the Jetways of the default with its own version, maybe better placed to match the enhanced buildings.

- A 3rd party add-on tries to Exclude Jetways again, because it comes with fully custom models, also possibly placed differently.

What's happening now is that it will work ( because it's supposed to ) only on the FIRST startup of the sim, when a new CONTENT.XML is being regenerated, indicating the sceneries did their Exclusion correctly. However, on subsequent startups of the sim, when the existing CONTENT.XML is just being loaded, since no changes happened to the installed sceneries, Exclusions for the 3rd scenery won't work anymore, so you'll see some mix-up of the 2nd and the 3rd scenery.

Again, this has been reported by us as soon as we found out ( because, again, we have a scenery that was affected, that is KORD, which has a default version, and handcrafted version and our version ), which was in January:

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/5082/possible-bug-with-deletealljetways.html

Asobo confirmed it as a bug and they were able to reproduce it, but it seems the fix didn't make it in SU9, so we can only hope it will appear in SU10.

At least this one doesn't affect KORD on XBOX, because since Asobo KORD is a part of a Premium package, it *can* be Deleted, the problem with Zurich is the airport is considered Standard, and for some reason Xbox users are prevented to touch anything that is part of the Standard package. I could understand not letting remove something that might be important for the sim to work, but an *airport* should always be removed, if only because having two airports on the same place, even if one is Excluded, WILL have some impact, if anything, on startup time, since the sim will surely need to scan the whole library anyway.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 10:24:07 am by virtuali »

Alpengreis

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2022, 05:49:15 pm »
I understand. Thank you very much for the detailed answer!

Alpengreis

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2022, 05:59:20 pm »
Hello

Have you any information that this is fixed now in SU10? I asked in the related MSFS Dev forum but didn't receive an answer till now ...

Greetings

Alpengreis

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2022, 08:56:33 pm »
Anybody here to answer that?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2022, 01:27:46 pm »
The SDK has been updated and we already posted an update for Zurich to use that feature. However, there's no way for us to know:

- When the update will be released by Microsoft

- If it will work on Xbox, since no developer has any way to test on Xbox before release.

Alpengreis

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2022, 12:33:34 am »
All right, thank you very much!

Alpengreis

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2022, 06:12:42 pm »
I just want let you know that the v1.5.0 appears in my Marketplace of Xbox (since Thursday or so).

So, I buyed and installed it.

I haven't tested much, but after first run I made a restart of Flight Sim to test the excluding. And it seems that it's works flawless. I didn't saw - for example - a double H85 marking and also didn't saw double jetways.

Thank you very much for your work.

Greetings