Author Topic: Unable to register LFNC on my second machine **SOLVED**  (Read 18261 times)

edwardpat

Unable to register LFNC on my second machine **SOLVED**
« on: March 17, 2022, 12:42:35 am »
Hi:
I have two MSFS setups, one in a desktop PC, the other one in my gaming laptop that I mostly use when I'm traveling, testing or developing simple airports and city landmarks. I purchased LFNC today via SimMarket, activated the product using the FSDT Universal Installer on my laptop successfully, but when I try to activate and install the product on my desktop computer I get the enclosed message and I'm stuck at this point.
I can use Contrail and ORBX Central without any issues on my two computers. What could be wrong with this App?.
Regards, Ed

« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 02:15:24 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to register LFNC on my second machine
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 01:28:19 am »
On your desktop, the problem is likely your firewall/antivirus blocking the download of the support files for LFNC, which are not included in version you had, but they are supposed to be *downloaded* automatically as soon the app starts. That if the firewall/antivirus are not blocking it.

So, as usual:

- be sure your firewall is not blocking the download

- configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- Alternatively, if you redownload the Universal installer again, the updated installer contains the new files required by LFNC so, it should work even if your firewall/antivirus is preventing the old version from downloading the updated files.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 01:52:40 am by virtuali »

edwardpat

Re: Unable to register LFNC on my second machine
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 02:10:40 am »
All is Ok now, but had to re-download and re-install the Universal Installer.
During the first installation my A/V (which is Windows Defender) was set to OFF together with the Firewall. The Addon Manager folder is excluded from virus scanning (always).
Thanks so much
Regards, Ed