Author Topic: Second GSX Preview in MSFS  (Read 19109 times)

bcars

Re: Second GSX Preview in MSFS
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2022, 07:21:14 am »
Umberto
You mention the msfs gsx menus  are using html/js. Any possibility that interface be retrofit to p3d
 to allow external integration?
Thanks
Bruce

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2022, 10:03:39 am »
You mention the msfs gsx menus  are using html/js. Any possibility that interface be retrofit to p3d  to allow external integration?

It's possible, but integration is not just "controlling the menu", it's way more than that, because to do something useful an integrated app would have to know more about the GSX status and, at the same time, we must be sure 3rd party apps won't cause problems, which would require us adding lots of extra code that wouldn't be otherwise required if there was no integration to begin with. And, the proper way of doing integration is through Simconnect, like the integration with GSX and SODE, so we would need to add that as well.

So we'll look into it, but nothing will be made until the MSFS version will be out, it will be thoroughly patched and updated as required and AFTER all of this is done, we might consider having a look at 3rd party integration, on the obvious condition the same method could be used to support both MSFS and P3D at the same time.

FBWFTW

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2022, 07:47:50 pm »
Can someone please tell me the forecasted date for release of this product.

It's not very far, it's weeks now, rather than months...

Glad to hear this Umberto!  Been anxiously awaiting more life in the sim…  GSX is a huge missing feature currently!

FBWFTW

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2022, 07:48:36 pm »
Can someone please tell me the forecasted date for release of this product.

It's not very far, it's weeks now, rather than months...

So glad to hear this!  GSX is sorely needed in MSFS!

airbumps

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2022, 09:35:57 am »
Agreed - Cant wait and the new version is looking fantastic!

gnunciat

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2022, 04:50:08 pm »
Biting my finger tips waiting for GSX release. I'm missing it a lot since I've changed from P3D to MSFS.

klisura

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2022, 01:51:17 pm »
Is GSX level 2 included in the upcoming fs2020 version?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2022, 02:03:32 pm »
Is GSX level 2 included in the upcoming fs2020 version?

It's more or less included.

Animated Passengers and Fuel Hydrants, which were previously exclusives of GSX L2, will be included.

Jetways replacement will be included as well, but jetways will use the default system, since there's no SODE for MSFS yet, so you'll have more model variety, hundreds of different airport/operators logos around the world, but no support for the advanced features possible with SODE like parking spots with multiple jetways or the ease of user customization we had in GSX L2. On the other hand, all GSX vehicles will serve AI planes as well, behaving like default ground vehicles, but with GSX graphic and ample choice of operators.

So, what you'll get in GSX for MSFS it's more or less like a GSX + GSX L1.5, but with a single purchase.

klisura

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2022, 02:32:29 pm »
Thank you very much, I can't wait!!

737NGX

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2022, 04:21:20 pm »
since there's no SODE for MSFS yet
So, what you'll get in GSX for MSFS it's more or less like a GSX + GSX L1.5, but with a single purchase.

You're saying yet, do you know if SODE is even in the works? I really hope to see some version of SODE coming to the sim soon as well

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2022, 12:59:20 am »
You're saying yet, do you know if SODE is even in the works? I really hope to see some version of SODE coming to the sim soon as well

It should be, just the author main job is not software development, so it will arrive...when it will arrive.