Author Topic: Second GSX Preview in MSFS  (Read 19104 times)

pchitkara

Re: Second GSX Preview in MSFS
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2022, 11:26:22 am »
That will require SODE, since the MSFS system doesn't support multiple jetways on an airport. The jetways you see in the video ARE replaced by GSX ( seems quite obvious, seeing how much better they look compared to the default ones ), but are still using the standard system.

Of course, when SODE for MSFS will eventually came out, we'll be the first supporting it.

MSFS not supporting SODE is so disappointing, it has regressed quiet a lot in integration capabilities compared to the sims it is supposed to succeed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2022, 12:59:06 pm »
MSFS not supporting SODE is so disappointing, it has regressed quiet a lot in integration capabilities compared to the sims it is supposed to succeed.

I'm not in the position right now to say more but, I'm fairly confident that SODE for MSFS will eventually arrive.

molleh

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2022, 08:30:10 pm »
It's looking incredible so far. Can't wait to have GSX in MSFS!

airbumps

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2022, 02:05:59 am »
Hi Umberto,

Now that we've seen the release of a number of more complex airliners how about a new GSX preview! :)

Or even better, an update on how GSX progress is going - Its one thing that's really missing from MSFS!

Cheers

Scaild

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2022, 09:57:42 am »
Well, I would love to know, if the closer cooperation with new aircrafts like PMDG 737 or Fenix A320 will be a thing? If GSX will be called from MCDU / FMC like in Aerosoft A320 in P3D? :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2022, 11:06:58 am »
Well, I would love to know, if the closer cooperation with new aircrafts like PMDG 737 or Fenix A320 will be a thing? If GSX will be called from MCDU / FMC like in Aerosoft A320 in P3D? :)

That depends on those developers, of course, and if their users would ask for such features, which will only add extra value to their product, like Simbrief or Navigraph integration.  It's surely not depending on us, since GSX already expose lots of variables developers can use to integrate, and the MSFS version has even more of them.

In addition to that, the way the GSX menu works in MSFS, it's even easier to integrate it from an external product, because we had to replace a Simconnect call that is still missing from FSX ( menu creation ) and Asobo confirmed they have no plans to add it back, so we had to emulate that with a combination of HTML/JS/WASM, which was a bit annoying, but the side effect is that now it's easier for other products to know what GSX menu is being displayed, and possibly control it as well.

Scaild

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2022, 12:56:47 pm »
That's great! Thank you for your hard work ^_^

airbumps

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2022, 10:14:46 am »

That depends on those developers, of course, and if their users would ask for such features, which will only add extra value to their product, like Simbrief or Navigraph integration.  It's surely not depending on us, since GSX already expose lots of variables developers can use to integrate, and the MSFS version has even more of them.

In addition to that, the way the GSX menu works in MSFS, it's even easier to integrate it from an external product, because we had to replace a Simconnect call that is still missing from FSX ( menu creation ) and Asobo confirmed they have no plans to add it back, so we had to emulate that with a combination of HTML/JS/WASM, which was a bit annoying, but the side effect is that now it's easier for other products to know what GSX menu is being displayed, and possibly control it as well.

This intergration is good to know about and something I wish more aircraft developers would utilise. The FSLabs Airbus series did a good job of integration back in P3D, but it would be so much better if the aircraft and GSX could interact with all ground services.

Still, any chance of a new preview? :)

Alex

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2022, 03:50:03 pm »

As I'm slowly migrating to MSFS, GSX is what I'm looking forward to the most. Thanks for your continuous effort in advancing the flight simulator experience.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2022, 09:56:49 pm »
still, any chance of a new preview? :)

Recording a video and editing it, takes some time. Time we'd rather spend on completing GSX.

DarrianCZE

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2022, 11:30:10 am »
still, any chance of a new preview? :)

Recording a video and editing it, takes some time. Time we'd rather spend on completing GSX.

Hi Umberto! Is there any chance you could release a GSX in its current form as some kind of an early access? For example to the current FSX/P3D customers? Lack of GSX features in the MSFS is sometimes really painful, for example, the marshaller, and I would give my soul to be able to use the GSX, even with the old FSX/P3D models, if that is the only thing which is blocking the release (that you pledged to remodel everything).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2022, 11:54:22 am »
GSX is still not in a state that can be released right now, because the things that makes a product releasable, like putting in on sale as a product, being recognized by the activation servers, making an installer, integrating it with the updater, are all being done as the very end, only a few days before release.

Guenseli

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2022, 07:08:10 am »
Come on, Umberto

Then just a few pictures and descriptions what we can await with MSFS GSX as appetizer ;)

Mille grazie!

airman32

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2022, 07:32:13 pm »
Can someone please tell me the forecasted date for release of this product.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2022, 11:45:08 am »
Can someone please tell me the forecasted date for release of this product.

It's not very far, it's weeks now, rather than months...