Author Topic: Taxiway layout south of 27L/9R  (Read 1747 times)

jeffd

Taxiway layout south of 27L/9R
« on: March 08, 2022, 09:46:47 pm »
Would like to report that the taxiways south of runway 27L/9R eastbound past Taxiway M are incorrect. I am basing this on the Navigraph charts There is no taxiway TT, which, when flying with VATSIM, is a major intersection departure point usually assigned by the ground controller. It currently shows taxiway G2 intersecting the runway, which is also not correct. The closed taxiway A1 is still showing active. Taxiway G1 at B is also missing. Am I looking at this wrong?  If so, is there an update that needs to be done? Thanks

jeffd

Re: Taxiway layout south of 27L/9R
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 08:14:44 pm »
Wow. 67 views of this post and not one response from support? What is the problem. Is my concern not really a concern of the developers. If this was freeware, I might could understand the lack response. But it's not freeware.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 11:20:51 am »
I really don't know what you are trying to say here. You must be new here but, if you cared to check the forum, you would have know we always reply to every thread, just you can't expect *every* reply would always appear immediately, as usual.

I am basing this on the Navigraph charts

The scenery shows the airport status at time of its release ( summer 2020 ) and, it comes with ITS OWN charts and if you checked there, you would have know that:

- Taxiway TT was named G2 back then and it DID intersect the runway

- What is called G2 today, it was called G3 back then and it also intersected the runway.

- Taxi A1 was open. Like G4, which today is no more.

Good you cited Navigraph, because you are going to make my point. Navigraph is a SUBSCRIPTION-based service while our sceneries are NOT.

Which means, you can't expect or demand the scenery would be *constantly* updated to follow its real world changes in realtime. I doubt you would be willing to pay a subscription to keep the scenery current and, I assure you it takes WAY more time/work to update an airport for us, than it takes from Navigraph to update their charts, since the only need to pay a license to Jeppesen, while we would have to do actual modeling work to keep the scenery current.

At some time, we might decide to do a general update to the scenery, which will obviously collect all changes that might have happened to the airport in the meantime, but you can't just expect constant updates at the exact time they happen.

We ALREADY had a FREE update to show the depict the recent runway 27L extension, so update DO come, and you can't say the scenery is "not supported", but you can't expect updates as frequent as a subscription-based service.

jeffd

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 08:25:07 pm »
First things first. Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am new. I don't believe that my post indicated that I was demanding anything. But if it came across that way, I apologize. I simply was trying to understand why the taxiways in question were not correct. Prior to my original post, I thought I did my due diligence by utilizing the search inside this forum and other searches, trying to get an answer to why. Nothing showed up this forum, nor in any other forum, such as AVSIM that would explain this to me. Now that I know what I know, wouldn't it be a nice thing to do and let folks know, at the time of purchase, that there are some taxiways that wont be correct? Understanding now that the current scenery is almost 2 years old, I am disappointed that an update has not been done at this point to correct the issue. Would I pay an additional 19.95 for an update? Sure I would. Understanding now that an update to correct this would be, at this time, too much time and work for you, I will continue to pretend taxiway G2 is TT.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 12:38:46 pm »
Why you keep saying taxiways are "not correct" ? They are no longer CURRENT, that was precisely my point, but they ARE correct to the time the scenery was released and they DO match the charts the scenery COMES WITH

That's valid for each and every scenery out there. It has a release date, and it's usually correct for that date ( not always, there has been a recent release from a very well known developer that even if it came out now, it shows the airport as it was months/years ago.

This because, it takes TIME to DO an airport and, sometimes, the airport changes while your are still working at it so, in some cases you don't even get the actual situation of the scenery release date, but you get the airport as it was when the scenery was designed, which might be months or even years before that.

And this is NORMAL because, as I've said, the scenery is NOT sold as a subscription, like the charts you used to point out is not "correct".

So yes, as I've said already, we will surely release other updates in the future, which will likely include all the changes that have happened in the meantime, just don't expect these to appear with the same schedule as in real life.