Author Topic: Aircraft drops down below runways  (Read 5038 times)

Calfirst 73

Aircraft drops down below runways
« on: March 05, 2022, 06:43:23 pm »
This probably only happens to me...I have KFLL scenery loaded and all looks great...buildings...gates...etc...jetways work...surrounding area looks great....but....when I'm cleared for take-off and taxi on to any runway..the aircraft suddenly drops down below the runway...if I slew a little left or right ..I'm back on the taxiway...tried many fixes...reinstalling...adjust scenery library...many things but still find the aircraft drops below the runway...maybe someone else experienced this ??? hope there is a fix..really love KFLL scenery..thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aircraft drops down below runways
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 04:03:41 pm »
Please indicate which simulator you use.

Calfirst 73

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 05:00:46 pm »
Sorry....using FSX...this probably is not a FSDT issue but was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I did have KFLL FSDT installed earlier and all worked except the Jetways...after  a few reinstalls with FSDT KFLL problem was resolved except that's when the dropping runway started. As I taxi to the runway the aircraft drops below it...very strange...thanks for any help or suggestions...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 08:43:18 pm »
I think the problem is caused by an update we had to do to support P3D that can't be used in FSX, but it's now the default, since most users switched to some P3D version right now. However, we kept the FSX version of the scenery available on request, it can downloaded from this post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23373.msg166036.html#msg166036

Calfirst 73

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 07:22:46 pm »
Hi and thanks for that link...however when I click on the link I get the window 404 Not Found...and can't go any further...any suggestions??...again thanks do much for your help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2022, 01:50:43 am »
Hi and thanks for that link...however when I click on the link I get the window 404 Not Found...and can't go any further...any suggestions??...again thanks do much for your help

I just checked it now, and the link works.

Calfirst 73

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2022, 05:37:51 am »
Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.
Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) Server at update.virtualisoftware.com Port 443

I'm sorry to bother you again but I did try the link and here is what came up...maybe I'm doing something wrong of it's my computer..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2022, 11:28:04 am »
I have no idea why the link doesn't work on your side. I checked it again, and it downloads the file normally. Try to refresh the page, or use a different browser.

Calfirst 73

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2022, 04:38:21 pm »
Hi Umberto...thanks for that info...I was able to download the KFLL fix through another browser...now forgive me but where do I install those bgl files??Addon Scenery?? thanks again for all the help..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2022, 01:01:47 pm »
where do I install those bgl files??Addon Scenery?? thanks again for all the help..

Re-read the post containing the download link, it had all the information you needed:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23373.msg166036.html#msg166036

Calfirst 73

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2022, 06:11:35 pm »
Hi and it's been awhile sine I posted..I am running FSX with your KFLL scenery..You posted  a link for me to fix the problem of aircrafts falling below the runways at KFLL...that did fix the problem ..the scenery looks great now at FLL except for some reason I'm seeing 2 jetways at each gate..they are crossing into one another and only one..I assume the FSDT jetways..works..the other static..I've checked all other afcads for KFLL and I think I removed them all...I really appreciate any suggestions and hope my description helped....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2022, 06:31:55 pm »
the scenery looks great now at FLL except for some reason I'm seeing 2 jetways at each gate..

See this post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25918.msg169984.html#msg169984

Calfirst 73

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2022, 10:33:04 pm »
Thank you for the response...I did reinstall KFLL...updated KFLL....all looked great...all gates have one jetway...however...I'm back to where I started to write you....as I taxi on to the runway..either one...the aircrafts falls and dissappears...if I continue to taxi off the runway..the aircraft reappears on the taxiway...I have no idea why...seems I've tried everything you suggested...I have other FSDT airports installed and none of them have this problem with the runways...remember I tried the fix you suggested but it doesn't seem to work...thanks for any suggestions....running FSX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2022, 12:18:26 am »
I did reinstall KFLL...updated KFLL....

Have you even read the post I've linked with the solution ? It didn't say anything about "reinstalling" and "updating", jt just said to remove your custom GSX profile.

.as I taxi on to the runway..either one...the aircrafts falls and dissappears...

That's precisely because you reinstalled ( more precisely, because you updated ). As explained in the first post I linked for you, the one explaining how to download the FSX version of the AFCAD, the AFCAD which is online now works only for P3D, if you use FSX you MUST use the old AFCAD, the one in that post. If you update with the online updater, it will revert to the P3D version, that's why the elevation now doesn't work.

Now, if you see double jetways with the FSX AFCAD, it's because the FSX AFCAD it's an old version, which contains the original custom jetways for KFLL ( not SODE ), while the P3D version doesn't have any jetways, because they come with GSX.

This means, with FSX, you must remove the GSX profile BOTH in your %APPDATA%\folder, but ALSO in the Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\KFLL\Scenery folder because, again, just like the updated online AFCAD is for P3D, the accompanying GSX custom profile is made for it so, you can't use it in FSX, otherwise you'll see double jetways.

So, use the FSX AFCAD ( the one linked before ) and remove all GSX profiles, so the scenery will have just one set of jetways, the one it originally came with.

Calfirst 73

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2022, 06:15:54 pm »
Hello Umberto...thanks again for your help...I did follow your NEW instructions and  before KFLL was surrounded by small hills..like it was in a valley and there were double jetways at each gate....now after following your post..the hills are gone and there is now one jetway at each gate...all looks great except as I taxi onto the runway the aircraft falls out of site and if I continue to taxi..the aircraft will reappear on the taxi way...This has been an on-going problem for me and after all your help I realize this probably has nothing to do with FSDT...GSX..ets...it has to be a scenery/terrain problem with FSX on my computer...so I will continue to try and solve this problem...would appreciate any help if you or the readers can suggest anything I could try...thank you again Maybe another reader has the same problem...by the way and not to confuse you anymore than you are...the FSDT version I mentioned above ..with the hills and double jetways...I AM able to taxi on the runways without falling into a hole...but the new version of KFLL which corrects the hills and double jetways...the sinking runway happens...very confusing...