Author Topic: Arrival gate problem  (Read 2910 times)

ACSoft

Arrival gate problem
« on: February 24, 2022, 01:57:37 pm »
The way LFSB is designed make that almost after every landing, MSFS ATC give you the F4 "gate". As you can see on the included picture, this is a  sad position, almost in the backyard of the airport, without any jetways and even without motorised ladder, so my poor passengers are prisoners of the aircraft !  :-\

https://www.acsoft.ch/tmp/LFSB-F4-noladder.jpg

It is not the first time I come here for this problem and it was told to me that the scenery was perfectlly correct and that they were no valid reasons to change anything, that the fact the MSFS ATC always choose this unfortunate F4 gate, without any randomness, was the fault of Asobo, not FSDT.

I was also told to use the feature allowing to specify the arrival gate, when building the flight plan, to overturn the problem. At that time, I didn't knew this was possible and even if it was half broken, I found a way to use it. But as you probably know, since several MSFS update, this feature is now fully broken and therefore, it is no more possible to have a nice arrival, for example at gate 35.

Today, I decided to test again to land in LFSB, because of its recent update, with the hope FSDT did something about the problem, but unfortunately, nothing changed. FSDT, I can accept that you are not responsible of the fact we are always send to the sector F of the airport, by the ATC, but I cannot accept that there is no ladder available at these gates. As far as I know, this is something under your control that you can & must correct.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 02:07:50 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Arrival gate problem
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 02:25:42 pm »
It is not the first time I come here for this problem and it was told to me that the scenery was perfectlly correct and that they were no valid reasons to change anything, that the fact the MSFS ATC always choose this unfortunate F4 gate, without any randomness, was the fault of Asobo, not FSDT.

That explanation was correct back them, and it's still correct now.

I was also told to use the feature allowing to specify the arrival gate, when building the flight plan, to overturn the problem. At that time, I didn't knew this was possible and even if it was half broken, I found a way to use it. But as you probably know, since several MSFS update, this feature is now fully broken and therefore, it is no more possible to have a nice arrival, for example at gate 35.

That explanation was correct back them, and it's still correct now and, you are confirming yourself that's it's the fault of Asobo, not FSDT, unless you'd expect we would fix what is clearly a simulator core option.

Today, I decided to test again to land in LFSB, because of its recent update, with the hope FSDT did something about the problem, but unfortunately, nothing change

Of course nothing has changed, and why you think we should change it, when you said yourself you know the function to choose a gate is broken in the sim ?

FSDT, I can accept that you are not responsible of the fact we are always send to the sector F of the airport, by the ATC

So why the whole premise, as if you were being told something incorrect ? That explanation was correct back them, and it's still correct now.

But I cannot accept that there is no ladder available at these gates. As far as I know, this is something under your control that you can & must correct.

Now that's a completely different issue and yes, even if we COULD do something about it, that doesn't mean we should, and of course, there's always a SOUND reason why things are done in a certain way.

First, why that spot is configured as a GATE. You have been already given this explanation back then, but I'll repeat it again: That gate is configured as a gate, otherwise MSFS 2020 will populate it with GA airplanes and GA vehicles, which of course would be wrong, since that's NOT a GA parking spot.

The default ground vehicle assignment strategy is to NOT display Passenger Stairs to GATES, because it's assumed they have a Jetway.

So yes, while it might be possible to make a custom "Airport Services" file for Basel, that would override the default Asobo assignment of vehicles by parking class and have Stairs appearing at Gates too, that would cause ANOTHER problem: the "real" Gates that DO have a Jetway will show Passenger Stairs too, since the customization is only possible by parking Class, it cannot be done individually for single parking spots.

And again, as you already been replied to, there's no point trying to fight the simulator own ground services bug, when we are still working on a product that aim to replace them entirely, that is GSX of course.

ACSoft

Re: Arrival gate problem
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 03:57:05 pm »
I repeated all the past story just that any readers can understand easily the whole context and history of the problem. Thanks to have confirmed that all what I said was the truth.

I don't know what is "GA airplanes and GA vehicles" and what mean that the simulator would have populated this area with them. Maybe, in fact, this would have also meant that ATC would have stopped to send me there after landing ? So, I would have loved that a lot (all problems solved) and in this particular context, I don't give a damn if that would have been incorrect.

Of course, as you said, the best solution will be GSX (if it allow to ask for a specific arrival gate, after landing) ! in fact, it is now more than one year I wait for this product !

OK, Let's continue to wait and hope this product will effectively come to the market one day and in the meantime, I will continue to never choose LFSB as my destination.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 03:59:00 pm by ACSoft »