Author Topic: [MSFS] Am I missing something?  (Read 6432 times)

mnieuwhof

[MSFS] Am I missing something?
« on: May 02, 2021, 02:30:59 pm »
Hi,

I installed MSFS2020 Basle with the installer from the website.
The airport won't appear, I only have groundtextures (I guess default MSFS) no buildings etc.
The Contentmanager in FS2020 say's that Basle is not installed.

What am I missing here?

Thank you,
Marc Nieuwhof
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 02:44:35 pm by mnieuwhof »
Marc Nieuwhof
EHAM/EHTE

laking

Re: [MSFS] Am I missing something?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 11:37:51 pm »
I have the same problem.
Downloadable version on your homepage is 1.04 and not 1.20

Stefan
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 11:49:55 pm by laking »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 01:29:12 pm »
- configure the antivirus and add the whole Addon Manager folder to the list of the Exclusions.

- run the FSDT Live Updater

laking

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 06:59:23 pm »
Thanks, It works for me.

mnieuwhof

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 10:16:17 pm »
Thanks for your reply Umberto but it does not work.

I have ESET32 and I excluded the Addon Manager folder. Started Update Manager, no good result.
Stopped ESET32 protection temporary, started the update manager, still no good result.

It looks like the Update Manager does not download any files... it's just ready very fast...

Thank you,
Marc Nieuwhof

- configure the antivirus and add the whole Addon Manager folder to the list of the Exclusions.

Marc Nieuwhof
EHAM/EHTE

FWAviation

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 04:07:59 pm »
Thanks for your reply Umberto but it does not work.

I have ESET32 and I excluded the Addon Manager folder. Started Update Manager, no good result.
Stopped ESET32 protection temporary, started the update manager, still no good result.

It looks like the Update Manager does not download any files... it's just ready very fast...

I had the same problem, but suddenly I could fix it today after running the Live Updater one more time. During the first run today, it seemingly downloaded the FSDT_LFSB_ModelLib.bgl file, but when the Updater was done, that file was suddenly missing entirely in my Basel MSFS scenery folder. During the second run, it finally downloaded the file (it should have a size of more than 150 MB) and installed it into the aforementioned folder. Now my airport buildings are back again. Have you already checked your scenery folder for that bgl file?

By the way, Umberto: I noticed that the Live Updater has become very slow at downloading bigger files in recent days. Downloading the ModelLib.bgl file took about half an hour today, although I have a 100 MB/s connection. And every single time I run the Updater, it is currently downloading the vc_redist.zip.001 file for Visual Studio 2015 Universal Runtimes x64 although I should already have it. The fact that it didn't properly download the ModelLib.bgl in my and probably also in Marc's case might be an indication that the Updater is currently not quite stable?

mnieuwhof

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 04:19:58 pm »
Thank you for your reply,

I do have that .BGL file but it's from 18-11-2020.

On second thought, you are also talking about the VS2015 runtime.
I can't install the 32bit version because I have the 64bit version installed.
Since the addon manager is installed in 'Program Files (x86)' could that be the problem?

Thank you,
Marc Nieuwhof
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 10:11:01 pm by virtuali »
Marc Nieuwhof
EHAM/EHTE

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2021, 10:19:47 pm »
By the way, Umberto: I noticed that the Live Updater has become very slow at downloading bigger files in recent days. Downloading the ModelLib.bgl file took about half an hour today, although I have a 100 MB/s connection.

I cannot reproduce that. I tried to remove the Basel modellib.bgl, and when it downloaded it again, it took about 2-3 seconds. Yes, I have a 1Gbit/s connection, which means on a 100 MB/s should take no more than 20-30 seconds, surely not half an hour.

And every single time I run the Updater, it is currently downloading the vc_redist.zip.001 file for Visual Studio 2015 Universal Runtimes x64 although I should already have it.

That's normal, and it's because the updater is not trying to be "smart" and is not trying to outsmart the official VC installers so, it just downloads them and execute them. The VC installers themselves ARE able to proceed quick if you already have the runtimes installed, and we don't think to be better than Microsoft at "checking if you already have a runtime".

The fact that it didn't properly download the ModelLib.bgl in my and probably also in Marc's case might be an indication that the Updater is currently not quite stable?

The updater downloads everything correctly and, as I've said, the only thing that could stop it is either the antivirus or a firewall.

FWAviation

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 10:03:07 am »
That's normal, and it's because the updater is not trying to be "smart" and is not trying to outsmart the official VC installers so, it just downloads them and execute them. The VC installers themselves ARE able to proceed quick if you already have the runtimes installed, and we don't think to be better than Microsoft at "checking if you already have a runtime".

Okay, thanks for the explanation. The thing is that, due to those slow download speeds I encounter currently in the Updater, it always takes several minutes until the VC zip file has been downloaded and processed. But as long as I don't have to run the Updater again anytime soon, that's okay.

The updater downloads everything correctly and, as I've said, the only thing that could stop it is either the antivirus or a firewall.

Well, I have the Addon Manager folder on the exclusion list of my Windows firewall as well. As a matter of fact, this has been the case already for a couple of years, way before I tried to fix the LFSB scenery via the Updater recently. Or is there anything else I have to add to the exclusion list in order to let the Updater do his work uninhibited?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 11:24:48 am »
The thing is that, due to those slow download speeds I encounter currently in the Updater, it always takes several minutes until the VC zip file has been downloaded and processed.

As I've said, I couldn't replicate any issues with slow download speed. In fact, I always had the download much faster than the installation of the runtimes ( if starting on a system that required an update of them )

Well, I have the Addon Manager folder on the exclusion list of my Windows firewall as well.

Be sure both the antivirus and the firewall have the Addon Manager folder excluded. Also, to check if the problem might instead caused by your local Cloudflare node having issues, you might try to use a VPN, like this one:

https://www.hotspotshield.com/free-vpn/

And try connecting through different locations, see if downloads speeds improve.

mnieuwhof

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 05:31:47 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Is it correct that Couatl_Updater2.exe is only 1 KB?
See the attached image.

Thank you,
Marc Nieuwhof

Marc Nieuwhof
EHAM/EHTE

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2021, 12:44:32 pm »
Is it correct that Couatl_Updater2.exe is only 1 KB?

Surely not, it's about 3.0MB. What's the result with the VPN, as I suggested ?

simeur

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2022, 01:58:36 pm »
Hello Umberto
For a few weeks I have the same problem, I only have the gateways that are displayed. By launching the updater, sometimes I manage to intercept these messages :

Problem installing QlmLicenseLib.dll
Start checking for MSFS updates
PROBLEM, settings file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\LFSB.lw.xml not found, license cannot be verified.
FSDT Basel Euroairport for MSFS updated

I don't have a couatl directory!

I have excluded my directories from the anti virus, regarding the firewall, I can not allow a directory, but only applications.

What else can I do?

JLuc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2022, 03:04:28 pm »
For a few weeks I have the same problem, I only have the gateways that are displayed. By launching the updater, sometimes I manage to intercept these messages :

You are clearly missing some files which are surely installed and updated as well. Try the new FSDT Universal Installer, it has fixed many issues.

simeur

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2022, 09:40:59 am »
Thank you Umberto it works perfectly.
I had completely missed the universal installer.

Thank you for your products and your helps.

JLuc