Author Topic: KORD v2 - Couatl menu / Avatar  (Read 2246 times)

CaptainMike100

KORD v2 - Couatl menu / Avatar
« on: February 24, 2022, 11:49:39 am »
Dear Sirs,

I have updated the product to V2 as well as the universal installer etc.
While on other products I can bring up the couatl menu, only in KORD am always asked to use the Avatar mode (which am not familiar and don't really like), no other option/menu is available.
(Ctrl+Shift+F12).

Is there a way to fix this ? Am i doing something wrong ?

Sim is P3d V5.3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD v2 - Couatl menu / Avatar
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 01:30:39 pm »
Assuming that with "While on other products I can bring up the couatl menu," you mean you wanted to call GSX on KORD V2, this might be a problem or not, depending what you see on the menu.

The menu you see it's called the YouControl menu, and it's present on most FSDT products, and it shows options specific to the scenery, like using the Avatar mode to jump to interesting locations, configure options like showing static airplanes, etc.

If a scenery doesn't have a YouControl menu ( = not an FSDT scenery ), the YouControl key will just call GSX directly. Since most sceneries don't have a YouControl menu, many users assumed CTRL+F12 IS the default GSX key, when in fact it's the YouControl menu but, on sceneries that don't have one, it will be the same as calling GSX directly.

Since KORD DOES have a YouControl menu, if you press the YouControl key (by default CTRL+F12), the FIRST option of the menu is too CALL GSX, then there will be the other options relevant to KORD V2.

Then, GSX has a separate hotkey, which by default is CTRL+Shift+F12, which will always go directly to GSX, even if the scenery have a YouControl menu.

Of course, these are the default assignments. If you changed them with the "Key Mapping" menu in the "Couatl Settings" menu, they might be different but, by default, CTRL+F12 is the YouControl menu and CTRL+Shift+F12 is GSX.

So, you need check first which key is assigned to YouControl and which is to GSX, because from you report it seems you changed them ( CTRL+Shift+F12 should call GSX ).

And, of course, you should check if the FIRST option of the YouControl menu IS GSX. If there's no option to call GSX in the YouControl menu for KORD, and the key assigned to GSX doesn't work, it's possible GSX hasn't started.

You know if GSX has started if you HAVE a GSX menu under the "Add-ons" menu of the sim.

CaptainMike100

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 02:19:37 pm »
Thank Umberto for your kind, detailed and prompt reply.

All products, means all other FSDT sceneries working fine as well as 3rd party ones.
Let me clarify the following.

I installed ( after having unistalled every single porduct of FSDT incl. Addon Manager) KORD v2. Not KORD.
Also I have installed GSX Level 2 expansion, skipping GSX.
Do i need to  install these so KORD v2 GSX may work ok ?

Fyi, no matter what I do ( and I haven't re assigned the You Control keys) I only get the Option to use Avatar mode. Nothing else.
I also get a message : The parking is isolated . No Ground services available.
(This goes for every single parking gate I tried in KORD V2.

Am attaching a  pics that may help you in assisting me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 02:33:21 pm »
Also I have installed GSX Level 2 expansion, skipping GSX.

You just can't "skip GSX". There's only ONE installer for GSX, and contains the whole GSX, including the Expansion. Features are enabled or not only depending on the license activation. Which of course is completely irrelevant to KORD V2, where GSX + GSX L2 will always work in full, even if you haven't activated either, because on FSDT sceneries, GSX is completely free to use.

I only get the Option to use Avatar mode. Nothing else.

That seems to indicate GSX is not running properly.

I also get a message : The parking is isolated . No Ground services available.

That's not normal, of course, but it shows GSX started, but has a problem reading the airport. Try the "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" option, and see if you have any errors.

CaptainMike100

Re: KORD v2 - Couatl menu / Avatar -SOLVED
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 06:42:23 pm »
Dear Umberto hi,

tried restarting and regenrating the airport cache.
All worked fine, no issues.

Hence the menu problem was still there BUT

This time I took a look at C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\virtuali\GSX

and there was a kordxxxxxxx.ini file.
Removing this solved the problem.

Assume it was from inibuilds or other similar that they provide GSX compatible files etc. etc.

THANK YOU for Your time and support.
You guys make great products.

Have a nice day ahead and apologies for the inconvenience.

Best
Mike