Author Topic: Would like some expert advice  (Read 3961 times)

cdleo22

Would like some expert advice
« on: January 17, 2010, 08:52:56 pm »
any of you FSX folks could I have some expert advice I have FSDT jfk and I have aerosoft Manhattan X. Would like to know from those who have both what if anything did you do to set up your FSX display options to have pretty good frame rates and a enjoyable flight around the city and airport. Thanks chris

waleed

Re: Would like some expert advice
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 12:21:51 pm »
I have both, and coupled with a good payware aircraft and AI, you will need a super computer to run say 20fps.

I have a quad core (2.4)  with 4gb ram, and a dedicated 300gb velociraptor, and the combination brings my system to a grinding ctd every time.
If you know how to achieve a stable overclock, it may prove very helpful.

Make sure you have a good rig, as it is very fps intense (You did not specify what you have).

Check this thread out for the best fsx settings (a must) :

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041

Good luck, and I hope you can find a way to enjoy the two masterpieces together.

cdleo22

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 12:40:50 pm »
When flying around in a helicopter over the city I am getting 10 to 15 on average I am going with 0 traffic

bojote

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 04:56:11 pm »
I run at 25 FPS constant over the city.

I can only offer you ONE piece of advice... but BEFORE doing so, can you test flying over the city using DirectX 10 and see if there is an improvement? If you DO see an improvement with DX10, then I can help you.

I have both, and coupled with a good payware aircraft and AI, you will need a super computer to run say 20fps.

I have a quad core (2.4)  with 4gb ram, and a dedicated 300gb velociraptor, and the combination brings my system to a grinding ctd every time.
If you know how to achieve a stable overclock, it may prove very helpful.

Make sure you have a good rig, as it is very fps intense (You did not specify what you have).

Check this thread out for the best fsx settings (a must) :

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041

Good luck, and I hope you can find a way to enjoy the two masterpieces together.