Author Topic: Runway/taxiway elevation  (Read 9157 times)

a320driver

Runway/taxiway elevation
« on: May 12, 2010, 06:48:21 am »
Have started flying into DCA and have noticed that when I turn off any runway onto a taxiway the aircraft makes quite a jump (as if the runway is higher than the taxiway). It also does this going from a taxiway onto the runway but not as pronounced. I do not have UT installed. Have version 1.01. As I have not used this airport in quite a long time not sure how long this has existed. This is not a big deal, but would be nice if it could be corrected. Thanks.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 06:57:35 am by a320driver »
Regards,
Joe Esposito

a320driver

Re: Runway/taxiway elevation
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 08:12:41 pm »
Glad I was able to sort this out.
Regards,
Joe Esposito

dave_paige

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 04:02:06 pm »
And how did you resolve it. I have the same problem. Thanks.

Dave

dave_paige

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 05:54:37 pm »
Well guys;

I found what was causing this issue on my system. Turns out there was a file called...

KDCA_Reagan_National_dca2002_4pt880.bgl

located in my FS9/scenery/name/scenery folder. Once I removed it two problems were fixed. Once was the runway elevation problem where the runways were a foot or so lower than the rest of the field. And, a problem where much of the ground textures would not load if KDCA was my destination. So I would be taxiing in over grass.

I don't know the origin of this file. I suspect it might be from Shez Ansari's KDCA 2002 scenery which I had installed at some point prior to acquiring the Cloud9 KDCA. But, I recently re-downloaded Shez's KDCA2002 and no such file exists in the package so I'm not sure.

But if your having the same issues in FS9, look for that file and remove or rename it to disable it. Fixed the issues for me.

Dave
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 06:43:53 pm by dave_paige »