Author Topic: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**  (Read 55525 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2022, 09:51:19 pm »
Yes.

badarolsen

« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2022, 09:01:06 pm »
I already use GSX2 in P3Dv4. Now I installed FSDT Universal Installer (to install also GSXpro for MSFS) I have following issues:
Wenn launching P3D then couatl engine starts too, but as soon I load a scenery, it is closed again. GSX2 and all FSDT sceneries are in trial mode. I reinstalled the universal installer and updated all sceneries in it, put addon manager and couatl launchers in the antivirus exception list, I even stopped my antivirus software, but nothing helped.
Furthermore wenn launching MSFS with GSXpro installed, the simulator is shut down, as soon as a scenery is loaded.

What to do?

coreyc84

« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2022, 03:33:03 am »
Hi Everybody,

My issue is solved.

If anyone else updates using www.aero.sors.fr navdata, then i would suggest download 2208 Revision 2 and install. Apparently there was a damaged file form Europe that was causing issues.

However if FSDream team could take note, that one corrupt file should not stop GSX from working. Instead GSX should skip the file and make a note there was an issues in the couatl file. I say this a good feedback because make runways which i run after any Navdata update or scenery change never has an issue.

This would also allow end users to identify the corrupt or damaged file quickly.

Regards

Damian Doyle

Saw this, got excited, reinstalled 2208 from navigraph hoping it was the same effect, twas not the same effect, lost hope again, now drinking, good night to all
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 03:34:36 am by coreyc84 »

eddmariner

« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2022, 06:06:21 am »
ok, so reinstalling navdata finally worked BUT, everything is not yet right.
couatl starts and the gates and things take their time to appear. BUT, i can hear the people boarding and the ground equipment appear,BUT the fuel truck just parks there  BUT it does not deploy the fuel pipes nor do the fueler personnel get out of the truck to hook up the fuel AND the fuel truck never leaves AND the baggage carts and loaders never do their jobs AAANNNDDD after all that i cannot make the jetway detach AND there is no pushback tug to be had AND i cannot deactivate gsx in the dropdown menu.  so the only way i can leave the gate is to start the engines and use reverse thrust to back off the spot WITH THE GATE, FUEL TRUCK AND CONES STILL IN PLACE. (im not screaming  ). is there any way to fix this????

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2022, 07:14:03 pm »
It's obviously impossible to help you with such a sparse description of the problem.

You said the fuel truck doesn't have a crew, but you don't say which airplane you use, and which truck arrived. Not all planes can use the crewed truck and some have a specific procedure you need to follow.

However, DO NOT post here about any problems that are unrelated to this thread. Since your Couatl is not starting, if you have any problems, open a new thread, with a proper title, and describe your problems as precisely as possible.

eddmariner

« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2022, 01:13:45 am »
woah,i feel like i just got spanked.

coreyc84

« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2022, 05:23:19 am »
It's obviously impossible to help you with such a sparse description of the problem.

You said the fuel truck doesn't have a crew, but you don't say which airplane you use, and which truck arrived. Not all planes can use the crewed truck and some have a specific procedure you need to follow.

However, DO NOT post here about any problems that are unrelated to this thread. Since your Couatl is not starting, if you have any problems, open a new thread, with a proper title, and describe your problems as precisely as possible.

Actually the couatl script may be a legitimate issue to look into. I have noticed that when activating GSX and the jetways disappear, if you restart couatl, the jetways reappear then disappear again when trying GSX again. So there is some sort of disconnect.  Also when doing this, that is when GSX may load but you are unable to do anything, IE: settings, disable, customize parking or pushback etc..GSX essentialy freezes without a sim CTD. You can go into the drop down to try to disable or adjust settings but when you select those options, nothing happens.

Edit: I'm using p3d 4.5
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 12:45:40 pm by coreyc84 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2022, 11:19:51 am »
Please always include the P3D version you use in your reports.

kEEPY91

« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2022, 01:42:00 pm »
Hi all,  I've recently encountered this issue, i have done a fresh install of windows but cant even get the installer to open up i browsed through many of these threads and found a reference to an ERR file, which is showing this:

couatl v3.2 (build 4641)
panic log started on Sat Sep 10 14:34:40 2022

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
unrecognized running mode '' using 'fsx'
{}
Python 2.7.13 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (default, May 22 2017, 13:45:26) [MSC v.1900 32 bit (Intel)] wxPython 3.0.2.0
couatl v3.2 (build 4641)
log started on Sat Sep 10 14:34:41 2022

connecting to SimConnect...

any ideas how to resolve?

thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2022, 02:53:18 pm »
As I've said, please always include the P3D or FSX version you use in your reports because, from your log, it seems the simulator version couldn't be detected.

kEEPY91

« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2022, 03:29:51 pm »
As I've said, please always include the P3D or FSX version you use in your reports because, from your log, it seems the simulator version couldn't be detected.

sorry im new to this -  im using P3D - V4.5.14.34698 

kEEPY91

« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2022, 04:17:08 pm »
would this be caused by having P3D installed on a different SSD to windows along with the addons?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2022, 04:17:26 pm »
sorry im new to this -  im using P3D - V4.5.14.34698

There's something wrong, because the 32 bit version of the program started. Have you possibly edited the add-on.xml manually ?

kEEPY91

« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2022, 04:19:08 pm »
i wouldn't know how to do that,   can you advise how to change it or make it right?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2022, 04:22:36 pm »
i wouldn't know how to do that,   can you advise how to change it or make it right?

Reinstall GSX.