Author Topic: Prepar3d V6 support info  (Read 7776 times)

Aviator1979

Re: Prepar3d V6 support info
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2023, 03:34:10 am »
It shouldn't overwrite it. Worst case scenario, just back it up if you wish.

Ok good to know, thank u sir Kevin for the answer very kind of you,

greets

BerndB

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2023, 01:47:53 pm »
     I installed the latest SODE version, 1.8.0, plus the required Sim Connect version. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the FlightBeam airports I have, but KSFO is the only one that has jetways. I checked my other addon airports from other developers that I have installed in P3Dv6 with SODE jetways, and there are no jetways at any of them. Is there something else I need to do?
     I tried posting this on the SODE forum, but I'm unable to log on with the credentials I have. Thanks.

Pete, check the relevant Jetway.xml files in your SODE folder. Some developers have set a value for the Sim-version check for their Sodejetways. You have two options, to delete the simversion entry in that xml file or you add V6 to it. both will work.

pelsrijcken

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2023, 03:05:57 pm »
OK, call me stupid, but I can't get GSX to work in P3D6. I,ve updated everything twice, but there is no Addon Manager or Couatl to be seen in P3D6. I can't find the new installation files, and using the old ones does not lead to the desired result. So, what am Imissing and/or what am I doing wrong? Pleas help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2023, 09:16:28 pm »
Of course P3D V6 is not supported using an old installer. You must download the latest one.

pelsrijcken

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2023, 11:24:33 am »
Hello Umberto,

Of course, that's the way to do it. One small advice though: it might be useful to change the names of the installer files; now they are both called "gsx-p3d4-setup.exe". This explains my confusion.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2023, 05:00:43 pm »
it might be useful to change the names of the installer files; now they are both called "gsx-p3d4-setup.exe". This explains my confusion.

What do you mean by "both"? There are only two installers and are:

- The 32-bit version for FSX and P3D1, 2, 3, which is has always being called gsx_fsx_setup.exe

- The 64-bit version, for P3D 4, 5 and 6, which has always been called, since the first P3D 64 bit came out in 2017, gsx_p3d4_setup.exe, didn't change name with P3D5 came out and didn't change name when P3D 6 came out.

It's not as if you could install the wrong version in the wrong simulator. If you start the 32-bit installer, it will show only the 32-bit simulators you have installed (and if you have none, it won't install anything) and if you start the 64-bit installer, it will only show the 64-bit simulators you have installed.

pelsrijcken

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2023, 03:31:38 pm »
OK, that's all very true. Stiil, it would be helpful - if not for me then for the community - to mention the destination-sim-versions the installer is suitable for.