Author Topic: Add-on static aircraft won’t populate CYVR  (Read 2621 times)

Stage1

Add-on static aircraft won’t populate CYVR
« on: February 15, 2022, 02:19:57 am »
I love my FS Dreamteam CYVR, and it’s my favourite airport to fly from in MSFS on the Xbox. However after purchasing add-on static aircraft from LVFR that populates hundreds of airports including CYVR, none of the static aircraft show up there. When I removed THE FSDT CYVR and went back to the default airport all the static aircraft populated.

I spoke to the LVFR developer and was told the following. “ The only way to be fixed is to ask the scenery developer to remove the excludes on the ramp/apron areas. That's all.”

IS FSDT aware of this software conflict, and can it be corrected? I’d like to re-install my FSDT CYVR and have the static aircraft populate it. As you know on Xbox my options are limited, and I don’t believe there is anything I can do on my end. Thank You.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Add-on static aircraft won’t populate CYVR
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 03:08:27 am »
This has already being discussed in the forum here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25734.msg169065.html#msg169065

The post explains the technical reasons why it's wrong for LVFR developers to suggest we should revert to the old FSX method of Micro-excludes, which caused so many problems in the past, and was only used to fix an old FSX bug that doesn't exists anymore in MSFS.

If we did partial Exclusions, we would be at risk of any kind of potential conflicts from other sceneries, but even small changes in the default underlying scenery might start to show up mixed with our objects, causing double objects, taking more memory than necessary, lowering fps for no reason, etc.

On PC, the PROPER solution which wouldn't require to change *any* scenery, would be re-arranging the Content.XML file to be sure the Static Aircraft package gets an higher priority so, regardless of the Exclusions made by our scenery, the Static Aircrafts added by it would appear on top of it.

Of course, the thread I've linked have users confirming this solution works:

I tried the fix suggested by virtuali, moving the static aircraft package line to the end of the CONTENT.XML file.  It worked.  Thank you, virtuali.

However, this is only valid on PC, not on Xbox, because on Xbox you have no way to control the CONTENT.XML file. You might TRY this, instead:

- Uninstall FSDT CYVR from the Content Manager

- Uninstall the Static Aircraft product from the Content Manager

- Exit the simulator

- Start it again

- Go to the Content Manager again, and install CYVR FIRST and the Static Aircraft product NEXT

HOPEFULLY, the Static Aircraft product might end up last in the Content.XML file you can't access but I guess it's there on Xbox too, and the statics should show up again, like they do on PC when editing it manually.

Stage1

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 12:57:20 am »
Thank you for your suggestion about the order of installing, and unfortunately it didn’t make any difference and still a ghost town.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 07:41:00 am »
 Try using AIG's free AI Manager and put some proper AI in place of statics.

Stage1

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 05:19:15 pm »
Thanks Dave but after looking into it, it appears to me like your suggestion is for PC only, and as I stated above I’’m on Xbox. I don’t think we have any AI type programs for this platform, that is why I am reaching out to the developers.