Author Topic: Pax waypoints  (Read 3222 times)

ngxboeing

Pax waypoints
« on: February 14, 2022, 09:26:53 pm »
Hi
Just updated and having problems inserting pax waypoints with the walk in system

I get into the editor and try to add a pax way point and using the following method

Select “disable passenger bus” then select “Customise pax waypoints” I Add the terminal door and its position appears as pax gate  I then press F1 or F4 and “gate XXX selected pax portal position (custermised)”appears on the green information line I then select F6 to add a pax waypoint but the position of the terminal door seems to keep cropping up when I click the mouse and can’t get the position for a pax waypoint to show in the editor as showed in the tutorial video

When finished The passengers walk from terminal door to aircraft direct NO waypoints

Regards and thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pax waypoints
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 11:43:00 pm »
After you add a waypoint with F6, is the number highlighted in dark blue with an orange pointer on top of it ? That indicates the selected objects, which will move if you click the mouse.

If a waypoint is unselected, it will show in light blue with no orange pointer over it. F1/F4 cycles through the Pax gate and the waypoints.

ngxboeing

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 12:20:56 am »
Hi

Nothing seems to happen when I select F6

Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 01:05:40 am »
Nothing seems to happen when I select F6

Keep in mind the GSX editor doesn't really use the keyboard. It ask the sim through Simconnect to momentarily let it intercept EVENTS, which might be associated to a key or not. And in all the keys used while editing something, are the ones associated to the SLEW mode,

In case of F6, by default, the key is associated to the Slew Freeze Pitch command so, the first thing to check if F6 is STILL assigned to it, by going into Options->Controls, then select "SLEW" in the "Flight Mode" drop-down list, and use the Search box to find "freeze", you'll see some results, check if Slew (freeze pitch) is assigned to F6, which is the default.

Or, you can Search for F6, and see if it has been assigned to something else. To work with the GSX editor, it must be assigned to the Slew (freeze pitch) Event. Note that, you are not "forced" to use F6, you can assign anything you like, even some joystick button, as long is assigned to the Slew (freeze pitch) Event, GSX will use it to do what F6 would do by default. Just be careful, of course, not to create conflicts.

ngxboeing

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 02:32:51 pm »
Hi

I got F6 to work perfect but F5 does not delete a pax waypoint what should be assigned to do this

Many thanks for you assistance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 02:41:23 pm »
F5, by default, is assigned to "Slew ( pitch up quickly )" in Slew mode.

ngxboeing

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2022, 04:20:14 pm »
Hi
Thanks all fine great response to my request

Just one last thing could you let me know what F2 & F3 should be

I really appreciate your response and I think GSX is a wonderful add on great job done

Thanks again