Author Topic: Aerosoft Brno - Edited AFCAD + GSX config (with walk-in gates)  (Read 1871 times)

DarrianCZE

Aerosoft Brno - Edited AFCAD + GSX config (with walk-in gates)
« on: February 12, 2022, 01:41:05 pm »
Hi,

I have edited an Aerosoft Brno's AFCAD to reflect how the planes are parked in the real life (tail to the terminal) and also created GSX config with walk-in gates. Enjoy!

GSX config - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z-mb12HOBQPBLW5h4tjggpjaeaRVX8RR/view?usp=sharing
Edited AFCAD P3Dv5 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cDRKia5QsNpn5pnQWaxMsMqBquCsrb8i/view?usp=sharing
Edited AFCAD P3Dv4 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MJKsbo3AMX0DBWZYQUvP2FFWbgcXtvQZ/view?usp=sharing

You need to remove/move the original AFCAD out of the scenery folder - LKTB_ADEP5_Pol.bgl

EDIT: Config updated. Due to GSX bug, it saved the same PAX waypoints for every stand.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 01:16:16 pm by DarrianCZE »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aerosoft Brno - Edited AFCAD + GSX config (with walk-in gates)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 01:59:04 pm »
You need to remove/move the original AFCAD out of the scenery folder - LKTB_ADEP5_Pol.bgl

If you edited the AFCAD JUST to fit GSX better, but the default AFCAD would otherwise work well for other uses ( like AI ), there's a better way to do this. In a recent update, we added a feature to let GSX have a separate AFCAD, for its own use.

The simulator won't use it, so it will continue to use the original AFCAD, but GSX will read data from the custom one.

All you have to do, is place the modified AFCAD in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder, together with the .INI file, so you can leave the original scenery untouched.

DarrianCZE

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 02:11:48 pm »
Not sure how exactly AI would handle this, but I think it would handle ok. However, the issue here was with the AFCAD itself, because the planes were placed in a completely opposite direction, so especially when talking about departure, you would load into the stand incorrectly, and I am not sure if GSX would actually move the aircraft to match the position created in the GSX.

So I think, that modifying the entire AFCAD is a better approach.

So no, the modification of the AFCAD was for the whole planes to be placed correctly, not just because of the GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 02:39:10 pm »
So no, the modification of the AFCAD was for the whole planes to be placed correctly, not just because of the GSX.

Understood, that's why I started my explanation with the premise "If you edited the AFCAD JUST to fit GSX better".

If the AFCAD had general issues that needed to be fixed, regardless of GSX, then yes, it's best to fix the AFCAD.

This separate AFCAD approach is useful when you find you need to change the AFCAD only to make GSX work better but, AI for example, might work better with the original AFCAD instead.