Author Topic: Load Flight Plan (Not Responding)  (Read 9830 times)

mglancaster

Load Flight Plan (Not Responding)
« on: January 16, 2010, 04:50:03 pm »
After installing the FSX Geneva scenery I am no longer able to load flight plans in FSX. The Windows Explorer pop up window that allows the selection of a flight plan within FSX locks up with the message Load Flight Plan (Not Responding) in its title bar.This problem did not occur before installing FSX Geneva and went away when I uninstalled the scenery. Has anyone encountered this problem as well and does anyone know of a fix? I am running FSX SP2 on 32 bit Vista Ultimate.

Mike Lancaster.

dekpol

Re: Load Flight Plan (Not Responding)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 11:32:33 pm »
Here is same problem.
FSX+Acce. Windows 7 64 bit
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:34:27 pm by dekpol »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 11:52:57 pm »
I've just tried it now, can't reproduce it. Tied all the following:

- Going to LSGG, then opening the Flight planner to plan a flight from LSGG to LSZH, to purposely include 2 FSDT airports. Works.

- From the "Create Flight" screen, I've entered in the Flight Planner, creating the same plan as above. Works.

- Tried also loading a previously created plan, no problems either, and it moved correctly to the origin airport ( LSGG )

I'm using the latest FSDT software, the one that comes with PHNL, under Vista x64. Have you tried updating the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX ?

mglancaster

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 11:59:43 am »
Umberto,

My original download and install of the FSDT Geneva scenery (including the addon manager) was on the 13th January 2010 from the FSDT web site, so I assume I would have had the latest version of the addon manager download during install at that time anyway? Note that this was my first use of any scenery requiring the addon manager so I did not have any previous version installed prior to that date. Anyway I have just updated the standalone addon manager using the link provided on the FSDT web site, overwriting the one installed with the Geneva scenery and I am still unable to open (or indeed save) flight plans. A further uninstall of these  FSDT products confirms I can once again open and save flight plans in FSX.

Mike Lancaster

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 01:10:14 pm »
Anyway I have just updated the standalone addon manager using the link provided on the FSDT web site, overwriting the one installed with the Geneva scenery and I am still unable to open (or indeed save) flight plans. A further uninstall of these  FSDT products confirms I can once again open and save flight plans in FSX.

I'm sorry, but I can't say anything more than I've just can't reproduce this, everything works fine with the Flight Planner.

You can try two things:

1) Run FSX as administrator. Perhaps there's a permission issue involved somewhere.

2) Make a backup of your XML.DLL file somewhere safe (like, in the Desktop). The file is located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX.

- After you made a backup, remove it from its original location, then run the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer, so a new copy with just the Addon Manager and nothing else will be created. This is to test if the problem is caused by a *combination* of the Addon Mananger and another addon.

If that doesn't fix it, restore your XML.DLL file from the backup.

dekpol

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 07:56:10 pm »
Thank You.

mglancaster

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 02:23:42 pm »
Umberto,

Thanks for your help. I do always run FSX as administrator. I backed up the dll.XML file and removed it from the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX folder and then ran just the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer without installing the Geneva scenery. Sadly this did not fix the problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 04:03:22 pm »
Does it make any difference if you run FSX in a Window or Full Screen ?

mglancaster

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 01:28:08 pm »
Umberto,

I always create and save flight plans from the Free Flight window so at that point I am not running full screen. Once the flight has loaded I always run the sim itself in full screen though. Oddly, after re-installing the stand alone add-on manager a further time I have now been able to save and load flight plans from the Free Flight screen. I am not doing anything differently. As a test I tried loading and saving plans from the sim in full screen mode and this is OK as well. Obviously something has changed in my set up or system since last weekend or the problem is intermittent.

KSaunders

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 08:38:17 am »
I have just experienced the same problem.  The following events lead to this problem.   

I just installed a new video card.  When I did so the computer asked if wanted to activate the fs dreamteam airports  (I had a number of fsd airports previously installed and activated with my old video card in place).  I answered "yes" to each of the prompts. 

Now I can't save flightplan which is frustrating because I can't get IFR clearance without one in place.  Please let me know if you learn of a fix.     

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 09:05:24 am »
I'm sorry, but I don't have any other explanation, other that I can't reproduce the problem in any way, my flight planner works just fine and, I really don't see how a change of hardware and a reactivation question would create any problem to the flight planner.

In any case, I still haven't got a clear description of the problem: does the flight planner hangs when selecting Geneva as a start or destination airport, or it *always* hangs, regardless which airports you put in ?

And, is it fixed by uninstalling Geneva, but not the Addon Manager ?

KSaunders

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 10:20:00 am »
First I will answer your questions to better define the problem. Next I will tell you what fixed the problem for me (so far).

First the problem.  The flight planner hangs (shows "not responding") regardless of what airports one enters.  Hence it is not confined to instances where an FSD airport is entered.  Second, the flightplanner did not hang at the stage the airports were entered or at the stage the flightplanner found and displayed the route.  It only hung once I executed the command to  to "save" the flightplan.  Third, the problem started after the reactivations and regardless of whether I started FSX from ASX or independently.  Fourth, there was no error message generated.   

Now for the fix.

As one often finds in life it is remarkable how many problems are resolved when one simply follows instructions/recommendations.  You suggested downloading the latest addon manager (attached to Honolulu) to the earlier user. That is the only fsd airport I do not own.  I did so and voila! The problem is gone and the flight planner works like a charm.   

Given that the updated add on manager fixed the problem it is reasonable to infer that the fsd reactivations somehow interfered with the functioning of the flight planner. How I don't know. I will leave that up to you folks to delve into.  P.S. Thanks for all your hard work - I like your products.  And greetings to the world from Vancouver Canada - our Olympic city!