Author Topic: GSX not appearing and working  (Read 759 times)

Jordan B

GSX not appearing and working
« on: February 08, 2022, 11:12:42 am »
Hi,

Hope everyone is well.
I have been having issues that past few weeks with GSX. It wont show GSX or the addon manager in the p3d menu.  it did it 2 weeks ago where the addon manager was there it was in trial mode and so I went to try and put the code in and it had mentioned that it had successfully received the code and was ready to use however it never showed up and when I went back into the addon manager it still said it was in trial mode. Eventually after a few times of doing that it had activated GSX. but then it said to make sure that I have done the live update so I had to quit p3d application as you do and I did the update. when I returned into the menu it said GSX was in trial mode again. and so I restarted my pc and tried again but then I have never seen addon manager or GSX in my menu since.
I have spoken to a few people and they are having the exact same issue. Hence why I'm asking in here.

I have done a complete reinstall of the sim. I have uninstalled GSX and done a complete reinstall Multiple times.
I have made sure when installing that my antivirus is off with firewall as well. I have also made exemptions in my antivirus for the GSX.

I have read other threads with similar issues and have tried the recommendations but still not working for myself and the others who are having the same issue.

Kind regards,
Jordan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not appearing and working
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 01:05:56 pm »
- Add the whole Addon Manager to the antivirus Exclusion

- Run the FSDT Live Update again

As you can see from other threads, in some cases the antivirus is so bugged, that it continue to blocks things even after having set the Exclusion:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25828.msg169955.html#msg169955