Author Topic: MSFS Problems  (Read 2416 times)

Segwin

MSFS Problems
« on: February 03, 2022, 04:48:13 pm »
Hello,

I fly the FBW a320N. Yesterday I wanted to fly from KCLE to KORD however when I was in the map screen/flight planner of MSFS I couldn't assign any stars to KORD - the only option was direct. I went to the discord channel for FBW support and I was told it was because of a new runway issue and to get FSDT KORD airport which I did. I ran the installer, started MSFS again and still no stars for KORD. Went back to FBW and was told to remove the ASBO version of KORD which I did (on a side note it would have been handy to have the manual BEFORE running the installer). Went back into MSFS and still no stars. I did go to KORD to see what it looked like and there were only the passenger walkways to the aircraft - no buildings. I put the ASBO KORD back in place and deleted the FSDT KORD. Started MSFS, deleted ASBO MSFS, closed MSFS, ran the FSDT KORD installer again - still no stars and still no buildings. Put the ASBO version back in along with FSDT KORD - buildings are back but no stars. Found a thread that said to put the FSDT version before Navigraph in the content.xml. Tried that - no stars. Removed Navigraph from MSFS and the stars return for KORD.

I left a post for Navigraph, they got back to me and I sent them the information they wanted.

I'm out of bullets and am stuck on what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Terence

EDIT. Included pic. The installer does not uninstall the asobo kord. I uninstalled it from the content manager. Ran the FSDT installer again (I bought direct from FSDT) and went to kord. The buildings as missing.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 09:17:54 pm by Segwin »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MSFS Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 09:36:57 pm »
You posted it in the wrong forum ( the KORD V2 backdoor, which dates when we released the P3D version ).

If you checked the KORD for MSFS support forum, you would likely noticed this has been discussed already and, it's not a problem of the scenery, rather a problem with Navigraph, which I'm sure you already realized, since the Stars are back if you remove Navigraph.

This is the link to the original discussion:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24639.msg164138.html#msg164138

And there's a solution, suggested by Navigraph:

https://forum.navigraph.com/t/no-stars-into-kord/3939/6

Note that, since that discussion took place, the default scenery for KORD HAS been updated ( this is unrelated to the Asobo handcrafted airport being installed or not, the Navdata is part of the base scenery ) to include the new runways so, not every information there might still be accurate, since now is no longer possible a mismatch between the default scenery and FSDT, since they now contain the same runway info.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 09:51:59 pm »
The installer does not uninstall the asobo kord. I uninstalled it from the content manager. Ran the FSDT installer again (I bought direct from FSDT) and went to kord. The buildings as missing

It's entirely normal the installer won't remove the Asobo KORD automatically anymore. It USED to do that but, after some update of the sim, if you just remove a folder, you would be presented with a mandatory download of missing content on the next start so, we changed the installer to not remove the Asobo version automatically, because if you remove it from the Content Manager, you won't be forced to download it again on the next start.

After the installation, remove the CONTENT.XML again, and let the sim rebuild a new one.

Segwin

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 11:36:57 pm »
You posted it in the wrong forum ( the KORD V2 backdoor, which dates when we released the P3D version ).

If you checked the KORD for MSFS support forum, you would likely noticed this has been discussed already and, it's not a problem of the scenery, rather a problem with Navigraph, which I'm sure you already realized, since the Stars are back if you remove Navigraph.

This is the link to the original discussion:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24639.msg164138.html#msg164138

And there's a solution, suggested by Navigraph:

https://forum.navigraph.com/t/no-stars-into-kord/3939/6

Note that, since that discussion took place, the default scenery for KORD HAS been updated ( this is unrelated to the Asobo handcrafted airport being installed or not, the Navdata is part of the base scenery ) to include the new runways so, not every information there might still be accurate, since now is no longer possible a mismatch between the default scenery and FSDT, since they now contain the same runway info.

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. I tried the fix of putting KORD before Navigraph and it didn't work for me. For now I'll run without Navigraph. Thanks again.