Author Topic: Recent updates causing GSX error on P5D start-up  (Read 1010 times)

CDorJF

Recent updates causing GSX error on P5D start-up
« on: February 01, 2022, 02:16:44 pm »
After the two Jan. 2022 updates, something goes wrong. As soon as I enter a scenario (no matter of airports or aircrafts), the couatl crashes. Restarting couatl when prompted keep couatl to crash. The log is always the same as attachen below.
One thing different from previous versions: when I start the Couatl_Updater.exe manually, the new window will directly show "Completed", rather than in previous versions it always re-install those library dependencies.
The only way to make couatl work again (I guess) is to completely remove and re-install GSX. I've tried deleting files in %programdata% or %appdata% but didn't work.
Hope to find a answer from FSDT.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Recent updates causing GSX error on P5D start-up
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 04:21:46 pm »
From your log, it seems you are missing some files/folders the updater won't try to reinstate, because they are always included with every GSX installation. The files must have been removed by mistake, either manually, but it might also be an antivirus bug.

So yes, reinstall GSX using the full installer, no need to remove it.

CDorJF

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 04:51:14 pm »
OK I have tried to re-install using the v2.9.4 installer and it works again. Just curious, I'm only using Windows Defender, I have no idea how these files are deleted. The updater behaviour adds to my curiosity.
P.S. My Internet connecition should be fine, except that I use a clash proxy to access your domain. And the proxy is working perfectly recently.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 05:10:59 pm »
I have no idea why those files are missing either but, again, depending *which* files are exactly missing, the updater might or might not be able to restore them.

CDorJF

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2022, 04:09:53 am »
I've added a exclusion in my Windows Defender excluding the Addon Manager directory from scanning. I will see what happens in your next update. If the problem remains I will update in this thread. Thank you for your time!