Author Topic: Disappearing Jetways  (Read 2981 times)

oddieman

Disappearing Jetways
« on: January 30, 2022, 06:53:48 pm »
Strange problem.  When using outside viewing and scrolling around airplane at gate, the jetway will briefly appear and then disappear.  Most of the time jetway is not visible.  No other jetway addons used, so don't know why this occurring. Help appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Disappearing Jetways
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 12:05:00 pm »
Please clarify if you are using the FSDT or Simmarket version, or the MS Marketplace version.

oddieman

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 04:30:33 pm »
I'm using the FSDT version.  Purchased direct from FSDT website.

Cheers

Rod

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 10:17:29 pm »
I'm using the FSDT version.  Purchased direct from FSDT website.

Assuming you updated it to the current version ( CYVR has just been updated ), where we added some extra LOD levels to jeways, which should help with Xbox compatibility, what you are reporting is likely the sim aggressively culling objects to get the last bit of performance, which sometimes results in things removed, depending on the view angle.

I guess this is a problem for any animated object that changes its size during the animation, the sim is still assuming the object size based on the original ( unextended ) bounding box, which is not valid anymore when the jetway extends, but it doesn't seem to be taken into account.

Nothing we can do about it, we'll report it as a bug, because it affects other animations too ( like walking characters )

oddieman

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 12:46:20 am »
thx for response.  I will check version, but if it was just updated I may not have it.  Not sure re sim performance and LOD.  Not experienced this on other sceneries and I'm running a AMD 3900X and Nvidia 3080 Ti.

Regardless will check as suggested.

Cheers

Rod

oddieman

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2022, 04:28:43 pm »
checked and yes, there was an update I was not aware of.  Did a total reinstall and all seems good now.

Thx a lot

Rod