Author Topic: GSX Default Airports - No Jetway Animation  (Read 1408 times)

MusicBoy

GSX Default Airports - No Jetway Animation
« on: January 23, 2022, 08:06:54 pm »
Hi there,
As I am very new to P3D and GSX apologize, if there might be obvious fixes possible but Im now down to write this post, as I have no idea what else to do anymore. So here is what the problem looks like:

I just own the GSX Basepackage and P3D v5 aswell as NO 3rd Party Developer Scenery, which means I do use the default Scenery. Now to the weird problem: In P3D v5.2 the Jetway did work properly without any problems and did show the animations, as they supposed to do. I did update to P3D v5.3 and the P3D v5.3 HF I only. Just as I did, the jetways animation has stopped working. I tried re-activating GSX, SODE, re-install GSX / SODE and P3D itself, but NONE of the listed procedures actually helped. GSX !SHOWS! the Jetways themselves but does !NOT! show the according animation wether at boarding nor at de-boarding. Please help me out as I purchased the product and thought it supported most of the default Airports.

Thanks alot mates!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Default Airports - No Jetway Animation
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 12:53:32 pm »
I just own the GSX Basepackage and P3D v5 aswell as NO 3rd Party Developer Scenery, which means I do use the default Scenery.

I don't know why you think this is a problem or why you think it started after you updated the simulator. The problem is you don't have GSX Level 2! Without GSX Level 2, jetways at default airports will be replaced but they won't animate.

Now to the weird problem: In P3D v5.2 the Jetway did work properly without any problems and did show the animations, as they supposed to do

No, they didn't. Not without a valid license for GSX Level 2 Expansion, which you said you don't have. What you are supposed to see, when you install GSX without a valid license for GSX Level 2, that DEFAULT airports will have the jetways replaced by GSX, but they WON'T ANIMATE.

The replaced jetways will start to work ONLY if you activate a valid license for GSX Level 2 Expansion.

Now, you said you updated the sim, and I think I understand what's happening: when you update the sim, default jetways that were disabled by running the GSX installer will be re-enabled by the simulator updater. GSX obviously checks this, and will show a message in Red on the top text line, saying that, because a simulator update has been applied, you should run the GSX Control Panel to disable the default jetways again, so you won't have to reinstall GSX.

So, just run the GSX Control Panel, click the button to disable default jetways, and they'll be gone.

But of course, unless you activate a valid license for GSX Level 2 Expansion, the jetways replaced by GSX will show, but they won't animate.

MusicBoy

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 05:46:45 pm »
Thanks for the quick response mate,

But what I still dont understand is: Why did they work before? Do yiu get a trial for GSX lvl2 without knowing it ? Because I have correctly installed the GSX basepack and for like 2 or 3 months, the animation worked but there was no indication , that GSX lvl 2 was activated nor that there might have been a trial ending soon. Very weird stuff happening here not gonna lie. So the basepackage is supposed to just show the GSX ways? Well that is kind of interresting. I mean wouldnt it be good to get the animation shipped with the basepack? It is very confusing to know that youll get a review of what they look like. Aight cool. But nothing more?

Still thanks for the help mate!

MusicBoy

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 05:49:59 pm »
Btw according to your question about what I shall see when not having a valid licence key for V2: I have screens from the day I installed it where on default EDDF the Jetway animation was working and it was connected to the Aircraft without any problems.
Just as an information :D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 06:29:17 pm by MusicBoy »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 10:09:54 pm »
Btw according to your question about what I shall see when not having a valid licence key for V2: I have screens from the day I installed it where on default EDDF the Jetway animation was working and it was connected to the Aircraft without any problems.

Could be it was EDDM, instead of EDDF ? That would explain it, because EDDM it's one of the 3 Trial airports that always work in GSX ( and L2 too) even without any license. They are also in addition to all FSDT airports, which are also working with no license.

I can only confirm that, without a GSX L2 license, all GSX/SODE jetways are static, with the exception of the 3 Trial airports ( EDDM, LIML and KSFO ) and all FSDT airports.

If you had jetways working without a GSX L2 license, and it wasn't one of these airports, then the only possible explanation is those jetways were not coming from GSX.

MusicBoy

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2022, 12:20:58 am »
Yeah im sure it was EDDF. They worked at EDDS too though so uh yeah weird. So im thinking about V2 of GSX then if its the only way to get it working properly.
Thanks for the help mate!