Author Topic: Active But Not Installed  (Read 1609 times)

pgde

Active But Not Installed
« on: January 21, 2022, 12:47:38 am »
For some reason all my FSDT sceneries are getting the "Active But Not Installed in the Scenery Library" message in FSDT's Add-On Manager and no display in P3D.  I have reinstalled all products and ran Live Update and still get this message. I can see all the xml files (with correct paths) in P3D Add-Ons in Documents.  How do I correct this? P3D is 5.3HF2. I can edit a file if needed but not sure which one.

Many thanks!
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); Deepcool 240 AIO Cooler; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro (P3D V5.3); 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Active But Not Installed
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 09:32:45 am »
For some reason all my FSDT sceneries are getting the "Active But Not Installed in the Scenery Library" message in FSDT's Add-On Manager and no display in P3D.

Please clarify if you don't see anything in the affected airport ( empty field ), or you see the default airport.

pgde

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 07:32:24 pm »
Hi Umberto: I think I found the problem. For some reason the exclusion package was not activated in Lorbys P4AO (I thought I had activated it but it must have been a senior moment). When I activated it, I can see my FSDT airports now. Please disregard my request for help :)

Have a great weekend!

P.
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); Deepcool 240 AIO Cooler; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro (P3D V5.3); 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 02:10:14 pm »
Hi Umberto: I think I found the problem. For some reason the exclusion package was not activated in Lorbys P4AO (I thought I had activated it but it must have been a senior moment). When I activated it, I can see my FSDT airports now.

I think that was only a side effect of having changed the Scenery Library configuration, which must have triggered a recreation of the airport cache. The FSDT Exclude area is only used to place the small Exclusion .BGLs which are created by the GSX when replacing standard jetways at 3rd party airports, it's not used or required by our sceneries.

However, since the airport cache IS always cleared and rebuilt when running the FSDT Live Update, I really don't understand how this could have possibly happened.

por930

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 08:52:26 am »
Hi Umberto,
Sorry to piggy back this post, but today I was provided with the same message. I was trying to get to grips with GSX jetways etc, in P3Dv4.5 and I must have done some thing to cause havoc in my airport sceneries.

I have 17 sceneries, all active and were installed. I can see them in the E:\Addonmanger>Fsdreamteam) Something I have done has caused the message, Active but not installed to appear for all of them.

When I was at KSDF, FSDT did give me the option of activating its licence, it did and even backed up the licence etc. Now I have reloaded P3d, KSDF is now back in demo mode, and while it invites me(in addons>addon Manager>Louisville>register serial, I do this, but nothing happens. At KSDF, it is just a dark outline where the airport is. I have ran the live updater. It did have an issue first with C:/ProgramData/virtuali>couatl which it asked me to remove as the updater could not.

Anyway, I was hopefully trying to not replace all of the sceneries again and reinstall of??
Geoff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 10:46:40 am »
A common reason for getting the message about "Active by not installed in the Scenery Library", when you are sure the scenery *is* in there, is that you have disabled them from the Options->Add-on menus.

Or you used a 3rd party scenery manager that did the same.

por930

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2022, 02:32:06 pm »
Yes Umberto, it was the options>Add-on menu that was the culprit. I must have turned the scenery off while testing so as to reduce the load time. Thanks for the quick reply.

Off to read the manual to get my CLS Dc10 unloading from the front cargo door at KSDF. The answer is in there....
Geoff