Author Topic: AKC shows through fuselage  (Read 1154 times)

miata54

AKC shows through fuselage
« on: February 02, 2022, 05:18:23 pm »
See pic. As the AKC container is moving in the cargo bay towards the Commander, part of the container is visible on the outside wall of the fuselage. The Commander is properly positioned. I tried using an AKE but the results were the same. Suggestions please.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AKC shows through fuselage
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 05:27:55 pm »
That's because you are using an AKC container, which is shaped to be used on the lower cargo ( so it would follow the lower fuselage curvature ), on a Main Cargo door, which should use different kind of containers, like A1N, SAA or various Pallets.

You can change which kind of containers each loader will use in the airplane configuration page, in this case you'll have to change the Main Cargo door.

miata54

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 09:36:29 pm »
The aircraft is the MD11F by Premier Aircraft Design for FSX. I had  success using the container DZH for the lower starboard forward Cargo 1 Door, but no success using the same container for the Main Cargo Door, upper port side fuselage. I tried every container cfg that  GSX lists on the Main Cargo Door, and the DZH was the least offensive. There must be a difference in fuselage width from the PMDG model to PAD model.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 10:56:50 pm »
DZH is not right for the Main Cargo. Try SAA or A1N, or any of the various Pallets.

Keep in mind that, by selecting the container types with CTRL+Shift from their list, you can select multiple types so, the usual configuration we do for Main Cargo doors are SAA, A1N and all the Palletxx

miata54

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 04:05:08 pm »
Take a look at these pics. Pics 1 shows DZH container as it moves towards the door, visible through the fuselage. I then tried your suggestion of the A1N container which you can see in pic 2. Clearly visible through the fuselage. Same results with the SAA and all Palletx configurations.

I'm going to see if I can find another MD11F model to see if the fuselage width is different from the PAD model.

miata54

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 08:42:59 pm »
Update:

I found another freeware model from SGA although it is a DC10-30F  of which the MD11F is almost a physical carbon copy. I configured all three cargo doors using the GSX tool and than ran GSX. I selected the AKE container to start and like the PAD model, the container showed through the fuselage. I then went through the entire list of GSX container's and like the previous model, every container showed through the fuselage. Not being a model maker, I have no idea why this is happening.

It would be interesting to hear from other members who have the PMDG MD11F model as to whether they get the same issue that I am experiencing. Try it yourself Umberto and see if it happens to your setup. The model is the SGA DC10-30F found at Avsim.

Thanks
Chris

miata54

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2022, 07:49:23 pm »
Solution:

Some times I think we all over think a problem rather than look at the basics. Count me in on this one! I took a closer look at the position I had placed the Commander. It was out too far and down from he fuselage. Moved it in closer so the platform slightly protruded beyond the lip of the door. All containers now do not show through the fuselage.