Author Topic: New Computer Setup - Flight Simulation  (Read 2184 times)

contractpilot

New Computer Setup - Flight Simulation
« on: January 03, 2022, 12:37:18 am »
Buying a new computer for flight simulation only.  Also upgrading from P3Dv4 to v5.

What's the proper procedure to move or reinstall FSDT products on the new setup?

Thank you

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: New Computer Setup - Flight Simulation
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 01:23:03 am »
Download the new installers and run them. If you need to deactivate a license, you can go here to do it:

https://qlm1.net/virtualisoftware/qlmcustomersite/
Captain Kevin

contractpilot

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 01:32:27 am »
Captain Kevin thank you for your response.

Do I deactivate the current products downloaded on the current active computer before setting up the new computer?

P.S - Had this question on another website earlier this day on a different product - PM--.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 05:06:55 am »
Do I deactivate the current products downloaded on the current active computer before setting up the new computer?
That one's up to you. The worst that can happen is you try installing on the new computer and you run into issues, in which case, you can easily deactivate it via the link I gave you earlier.
P.S - Had this question on another website earlier this day on a different product - PM--.
Yes, I'm the same guy who responded to you there regarding their products.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2022, 09:49:27 am »

It doesn't matter.

You can deactivate the old computer even after you no longer use it, you only need the key and the computer id, which you can get on that same page using the "Get License Information" option, which will tell you all computer IDs that are currently in use, which you can use on the Deactivate page to deactivate something, even long after you stopped using it.

contractpilot

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2022, 05:50:21 pm »
Thank you for your responses.

virtuali -How do I update all my previous purchases that were made under my previous e-mail?

Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2022, 05:11:48 pm »
virtuali -How do I update all my previous purchases that were made under my previous e-mail?

If with "previous email", you mean an email you used for purchase something which you cannot access anymore, then of course the obvious course of action should be what has always been suggested when any problems related to order happens: contacting support BY EMAIL, indicating:

- your previous email you cannot access anymore.

- the new email you want the past orders to be updated to.

senchay

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 04:02:29 am »
What about MSFS. Cant i let MSFS Scenery on the Drive and just install AddonManager to connect them on the new PC?

Its possible with a few other "Managers", like Contrail, so i thought ill try asking here as well.

Thanks for info.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 08:34:16 am »
What about MSFS. Cant i let MSFS Scenery on the Drive and just install AddonManager to connect them on the new PC?

Yes, of course you can, provided you understand the place where the scenery is REALLY installed into, IS the Addon Manager\MSFS folder, the Community folder only contains a symbolic link to it so, the real files are in the Addon Manager folder and the scenery installer creates a link to it during the installation.

So, provided you "let the MSFS scenery on the drive", which in this case really means "Don't remove the Addon Manager folder", the only thing you need in case you LOST THE INSTALLER, is recreate the symbolic link in the Community, which you can either do manually, or by using any of the available utilities.

That is just to make a quick reinstall, provided all your files are still there from the previous install. However, it's best if you do the "proper" route, that is getting your activation key and using the installer because, without a reactivation on the new system, you won't have access to updates, since the license is checked by the updater.

senchay

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2022, 11:00:18 pm »

Yes, of course you can, provided you understand the place where the scenery is REALLY installed into, IS the Addon Manager\MSFS folder, the Community folder only contains a symbolic link to it so, the real files are in the Addon Manager folder and the scenery installer creates a link to it during the installation.

So, provided you "let the MSFS scenery on the drive", which in this case really means "Don't remove the Addon Manager folder", the only thing you need in case you LOST THE INSTALLER, is recreate the symbolic link in the Community, which you can either do manually, or by using any of the available utilities.

That is just to make a quick reinstall, provided all your files are still there from the previous install. However, it's best if you do the "proper" route, that is getting your activation key and using the installer because, without a reactivation on the new system, you won't have access to updates, since the license is checked by the updater.

Amazing. Thanks for the quick answer :-)