Author Topic: Scenery library FSX-SE  (Read 1383 times)

bcm652

Scenery library FSX-SE
« on: January 15, 2022, 05:43:42 pm »
Did an deactivation and an activation on my CYVR and addon manager noted that my CYVR is activated but it is not listed in the scenery library. I ran a scenery library update and CYVR is still not listed. How do I get my CYVR listed in the scenery library.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 12:31:06 am by bcm652 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Scenery library FSX-SE
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 12:08:54 pm »
The installer will add the scenery to the Scenery Library automatically, but not if the file has errors in it, usually caused by having it hand edited. While the sim itself is quite tolerant of syntax errors in the scenery.cfg, our installer is way more careful, and won't dare to touch a file that is not clean, risking further and possible worse corruption.

So, your options are:

- Fix the errors in the scenery.cfg, and run the installer again

OR

- Add the scenery to the Scenery Library manually and restart the sim, the Addon Manager should read it on the next restart.

If it still not found on the next restart (and you are 100% sure the scenery IS visible in the simulator own Scenery Library), your problem is different, and it's likely a registry corruption of your FSX:SE, usually caused by either not having properly removed the original FSX after a period of using both version OR a corruption caused by 3rd party utilities that changed the registry keys for FSX:SE to behave like FSX in order to let you install older addons that didn't support FSX:SE.

One way to check this is to open the SODE Platform Manager, and check if it says anything about the FSX:SE registry keys requiring a fix.

bcm652

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 01:55:18 am »
Yes, I agree. I also get this error message: ''scenery cfg file error, invalid remote scenery path in scenery area 120.''
I checked the scenery cfg files for FSX and I didn't anything out of place. So, what is scenery area 120.
So, I don't know where else to look or what else to do. It's a FSX-SE problem that I can't seem to fix. The only thing left to do is reinstall SFX-SE and see if that fixes the problem.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 02:01:29 am by bcm652 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 03:13:26 pm »
Yes, I agree. I also get this error message: ''scenery cfg file error, invalid remote scenery path in scenery area 120.''

The message means you had some scenery installed, but later removed its folder without running its uninstaller. Assuming, of course, it *had* an uninstaller to begin with, and the uninstaller does what it should, that is removing the area for the scenery being uninstalled from the scenery.cfg as well.

However, this message, on its own, wouldn't cause any problems, just accept the removal of the orphaned areas, and FSX will remove it so the message shouldn't appear anymore on future restarts.

It's likely you have OTHER issues in your scenery.cfg, either because you hand-edit it or some 3rd party installer or utility has corrupted it ( that's why we don't even touch the file if it's not clean, so nobody can say our installer corrupted it, which what it would likely happen if we tried to modify a scenery.cfg with errors in it ).

And no, reinstalling FSX won't fix it, because the scenery.cfg is not recreated from scratch when reinstalling, unless you remove it manually.

If you could post ( ZIPPED!! ) the file, I can easily tell you what the errors are. It's located here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

Please do not post it as a text, but ZIP it and Attach it to your reply, I need to be sure it won't be changed by the forum software when posted as text.

bcm652

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 06:26:48 am »
Unable to attach a Windows 10 zip file..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 05:00:33 pm »
Since ZIP attach surely work, it would have been useful if you said if you saw some kind of error message.