Author Topic: Best Message ever  (Read 3634 times)

torsten

Best Message ever
« on: January 03, 2022, 06:29:38 pm »
Hello,

today, after landing in LFPG i dont find my requested Gate without Followme.
So i called it and it arrives after a long time.
Then i got the best Message ever :

"Follow Me Arrived, it is behind you"
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 05:08:42 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Best Message ever
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 05:09:45 pm »
I don't know what you are reporting here. Was the Follow Me really behind you or not ?

torsten

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 11:32:24 pm »
Did you read my Message ...?
Yes, i called the Fellow Me and it arrives and then comes the Message..."Fellow me has arrived, it is behind you" ( something like that, i dont remember exactly the wording )

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 11:44:54 pm »
Yes, i called the Fellow Me and it arrives and then comes the Message..."Fellow me has arrived, it is behind you" ( something like that, i dont remember exactly the wording )
Yes, but he's asking where exactly the follow-me was, not what the message said.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2022, 11:00:44 am »

Of course, but you don't seem to have read mine...

i called the Fellow Me and it arrives and then comes the Message..."Fellow me has arrived, it is behind you" ( something like that, i dont remember exactly the wording )

Which is precisely why I asked if the Follow Me was REALLY behind you, to know if the message came out for a reason, or not.

torsten

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2022, 05:40:02 pm »
BEHIND ME
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 05:51:11 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2022, 05:53:04 pm »
BEHIND ME

So are you reporting the Follow Me WAS in fact behind you, and that GSX said just that ? What else you expected it to say ?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2022, 12:51:37 am »
I mean, I guess the follow-me being behind him doesn't really make it very useful. That's like the one time last August my friend and I were going to a restaurant, he was on his motorcycle, so he told me to follow him....yet he proceeded to stay right behind me. Kind of hard to follow him when he's behind me, and I didn't know where I was going, either.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2022, 08:33:05 am »
I mean, I guess the follow-me being behind him doesn't really make it very useful.

So the problem wasn't the "message", as the subject says, which was clearly correct, but the very fact the Follow me didn't end up in front of you ?

There are countless of sound reasons for this, none of them is GSX problem, of course:

- The the airplane might have moved while waiting the Follow Me cars. Yes, this is obviously allowed, but it might not always work, depending where the new position is, there might not be taxiways for the follow me to follow and end up in front of the plane, as it almost always does.

- Depending how the airport is made AND the position when the airplane was when calling the follow me, the same above situation might happen, even when not moving the plane while waiting.

- The Follow me is supposed to circle around you if it's behind but, again, it might not be possible everywhere or in every situation, for example if the airplane is located on a taxiway so, the follow me would have ended "in the grass" if it tried to circle around you.