Author Topic: "Isolated parking" issue **SOLVED**  (Read 8729 times)

alpet

Re: "Isolated parking" issue
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2022, 06:58:03 pm »
Ok, thank you. Should I open another topic to get a support for no customization options available?

No, because I already tried what you reported here, and couldn't replicate it so, no use to open another thread to the same answer. You can try to clear all your custom settings, by removing this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

MOVE it to a different place because, if you just remove it, you'll lose ALL your customizations for airports, textures, planes, everything. It's just for testing.
It did not help at all... both buttons are still inactive in ANY airport. Pls see the attached image - this is Simwings Munich for example. I can choose logos from both drop-down lists but I can't upload own logos...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2022, 09:54:52 am »
this is Simwings Munich for example. I can choose logos from both drop-down lists but I can't upload own logos...

Ok, now I understand.

Of course you can't choose a custom texture, you are using P3D V5, that's entirely normal. Custom textures requires DirectX 11, which is not supported in P3D V5 and we have no plans to add DirectX 12 support, with reasons that has been discussed many times on the forum.

Render To Texture with DirectX 11 is replaced in P3D V5 by standard multi-liveries, like in FSX. Which means you CAN choose an operator from the included ones, but you CANNOT upload your own texture.

When I said I tried your texture and it worked, I meant in P3D 4.5!! I assumed you knew those won't work in V5, so I tried your texture with 4.5, to be sure there wasn't any issues with it ( the size is not a problem, since if it's bigger than 1024x256 it will be automatically resized to 1024x256 ) and they worked.

alpet

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2022, 03:11:13 pm »
this is Simwings Munich for example. I can choose logos from both drop-down lists but I can't upload own logos...

Ok, now I understand.

Of course you can't choose a custom texture, you are using P3D V5, that's entirely normal. Custom textures requires DirectX 11, which is not supported in P3D V5 and we have no plans to add DirectX 12 support, with reasons that has been discussed many times on the forum.

Render To Texture with DirectX 11 is replaced in P3D V5 by standard multi-liveries, like in FSX. Which means you CAN choose an operator from the included ones, but you CANNOT upload your own texture.

When I said I tried your texture and it worked, I meant in P3D 4.5!! I assumed you knew those won't work in V5, so I tried your texture with 4.5, to be sure there wasn't any issues with it ( the size is not a problem, since if it's bigger than 1024x256 it will be automatically resized to 1024x256 ) and they worked.
Ah, okay, thank you! Glad to have this resolved either way ))

So, do I understand correctly that if I use P3Dv5, I can't add any custom operators myself? I mean not from the menu but maybe by providing files in required formats directly to GSX main folders in my system? Because as far as I understand GSX updates sometimes include new service operators - but is it possible only for developer?